Fall Camp Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall Camp Thread

With all this talk about QBs, coaches, and stadiums; why not start a thread for fall camp.
    Players report Friday with the first practice Satuday at 10. The coaches have been meeting all week, no doubt in the wonderful confines of those eyesore trailers. The Jacks have five two a days scheduled. Public practices on the 28 of August and 5 of September. Should be an exciting fall camp.

Re: Fall Camp Thread

Via Terry V's tweet and blog, 2 True freshman are injured and might be done for the year. One is DT Chase Douglas, the other one hasn't been mentioned yet.

I guess that answers the question of whether or not Chase should redshirt.

Comment

Anyone get a chance to see the scrimmage today? Any insight?

Comment

Fall Camp photos are up on this site.

https://www.pec-sports.com/EventImages.aspx?eid=3531

Comment

Just got back from the Union and I saw Casey Bender walking around in a boot... not sure what this is all about. I was on an errand and didn't have time to ask. I really hope its nothing serious.
          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Bender's been banged up since the third day of camp. They have been limiting his action. Cochart tweaked his hammy Saturday and has been limited to the bike, hope is to be back sometime this week. Chase Douglas has a possible ACL tear suffered in the third day of camp. Josh Jones seperated his shoulder that same day. Both out for season.

Comment

Terry had another update on his blog today. Sounds like there have been NFL scouts from several teams there and Aaron Rollin, Glen Fox, and Mike Whittier have looked good in practice.

Comment

Could you please give me a link for Terry's Blog....I have never been there.

Comment

Originally posted by kdybdahl View Post
                  Could you please give me a link for Terry's Blog....I have never been there.
                  Argus Leader Blog
                  http://beta.argusleader.com/apps/pbc...rgusleader.com

Twitter
                  http://twitter.com/TerryVandrovec

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
                    Chase Douglas has a possible ACL tear suffered in the third day of camp. out for season.
                    Heard today that Douglas is a PCL/MCL. Out for six weeks and he will redshirt. My source is good.

Stopped at practice today. Defense looks good and the qb's and the rest of the offense are only going to get better by playing against them.

Comment

Sorry, I started a thread on Chase not knowing it was being discussed here. Mods can move it here if they wish....

Comment

Roster photos have been updated on GoJacks.com. Jacks are sporting a new look this year with polo shirts instead of their jerseys.

Joe Blackman wins the award for biggest smile.

Comment

Scrimmage in sioux falls today at h wood. did really see a whole lot of promotion for this. i believe they did charity work prior to the scrimmage which is at 530. signing autographs afterwards

Comment

Scrimmage in Sioux Falls went well until the latter part when Julian Wagner (FR. DB from Ft. Worth, TX) had what looked to be a minor collison on a long pass and apparently went down hard. Looked pretty scary as he didn't move for a long time, and they put him on a stretcher about a half hour later, and as fans were leaving the stadium, an ambulance from Avera came up to the stadium. Haven't heard anything on the details.

All four QB's got time and all did pretty well, but it was a controlled scrimmage and no defensive rush was allowed, so pretty hard to tell how things might go in a game situation. Word seems to be that a starter will be announced by Monday.

Thought there were about 400 or more fans at the scrimmage. Lots of SDSU athletes there (track, swimming/diving, M/W basketball, wrestlers, etc.) I talked to several of them and they really enjoyed visiting the grade schools in the morning, and then went to nursing homes in the afternoon.

The golf tourney went well Thursday, and the Sioux Empire States honored Dr. Fred Oien with the naming of a scholarship in his honor, followed by accolades from Justin Sell and President Chicoine. Coaches served as celebrities on the different holes and that went very well.

All in all, a big couple of days in Sioux Falls for the Jackrabbits!!

Comment

I was actually disappointed by the scrimmage tonight. I realize they were worried about injuries, but a non-contact run through is not what I expected.

Also, why wasn't Merriam given a script so he could keep the crowd enlightened as to what was going on.

Those are the only things that bothered me. Great to see the coaches and the team on the field.

Can't wait for some real game action.

Comment

Working...
                              X