Downtown Bookstore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downtown Bookstore

I understood the downtown location for the bookstore was to open this week. Is that correct?
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Downtown Bookstore

They had a four foot inflatable rabbit outside the store!

Comment

There's a DT Bookstore?

Brookings or SF?

And is it open longer hours and more days during the year than the on-campus bookstore?

All and All...Great Idea for another bookstore off campus. It's been a long time coming IMO.

Go Jacks!!
      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
        There's a DT Bookstore?

Brookings or SF?

And is it open longer hours and more days during the year than the on-campus bookstore?

All and All...Great Idea for another bookstore off campus. It's been a long time coming IMO.

Go Jacks!!
        It's in Brookings. Just drove by. Looks nice.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Forgot to stop by there while I was in Brookings this weekend. They have done a lot of things around town in the short time that I have moved away.

Comment

Store Hours are:

Monday 10-6
            Tuesday10-6
            Wed. 10-6
            Thurs. 10-8
            Friday 10-6
            Sat. 10-5
            Sun. closed

There are some really neat items in there.

Comment

where is it at? close to cubbys i hope

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                where is it at? close to cubbys i hope
                Negative on proximity to Cubby's.

Opposite side of road, about a block and half South of Main Ave/6th St. intersection. The only store that I know in the area is Arrow Appliance, which is directly across the street.

*edit - And Nicks Hamburger of course, is across the street as well.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

A lot of Jacks alumni will relate to as being across the street from the Safari Lounge.

I miss mug night!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

The Safari is no longer, it is now called Sully's.

Comment

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...4972337?ref=nf

Facebook page.

Sully's is not worth checking out, my opinion only. The Safari hasn't been what it was for at least 10 years, maybe 15.

When was the last mug night? I'm thinking somewhere in the late 90's but perhaps it existed at the turn of the century. Dollar pitcher night at the Staurolite, now that was a good time.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Now I would like to say hotspot is the 9 at 9. Dollar shots, mixers, and select beers from 9-10. It's always fun to see how much you can drink till the prices get spendy.

Comment

wow graduate and move away and in a year the whole town changes. Nicks remodels, Zestos gets a new building. bars change names and remodel. I dont think it changed much while i was there but I also prolly spent to many nights drinkin at Skinners my bar of choice, or at the latern enjoying a stop light tea. I would have liked to shop at another location just to buy more SDSU stuff. Glad they got a store down there. I always enjoyed the down town there. I would love to move back and live in B-town but wife did not fancy that idea the way I did. Plus she was a USD grad, but dont worry we met in high school other wise I would have never dated a yote....well maybe would have but I'd rather think I would have gone for a SDSU girl had I not still been dating my high school sweet heart. Anyway glad they got a store down town.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I know the downtown store just happened (I stopped there yesterday and it is nice), but IMO the next logical step for the bookstore is a site in Sioux Falls somewhere. The Empire Mall would be perfect, but a stand alone site somewhere else would be great too. Imagine the marketing possibilities then...
                            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I agree, SF needs a site. I would imagine it would be awhile though even though AD Sell really seems to want to step it up in SF (about damn time!). Rent at the Empire is outrageous. I know the rent for the bar there is close to, if not over, 20k a month!

I would like to see more stores sell SDSU items. Scheels is getting much better, Kohls is okay and Pro Image has added a few items. Outside of that it's hard to find. That's sad.

Comment

Working...
                              X