Georgia Southern Sept 12th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Georgia Southern Sept 12th

Time to get ready for Georgia Southern. They are currently in camp. Anyone seen a practice schedule for the Jacks similiar to one listed for the Eagles. http://www.georgiasoutherneagles.com...B_OEM_ID=18700

Re: Georgia Southern Sept 12th

Totally depressed. Got my Grandma's 80th birthday party that night. Gonna have to pass on this game
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Bring her to the game. Is there a better way to celebrate 80 years? A party with 14,000 or more people.

Comment

Going to miss my first home game for some time also. Our fantasy baseball league (8 guys) are going to be at Wrigley Filed that weekend...

Comment

We are working on a camping trip at Oakwood that weekend in conjunction with the tailgating festivities. Nothing is confirmed at this point but I think we'll have a couple of groups. Planning to serve some quail in addition to traditional fodder. We should be up and running as early as they will let us. I'm guessing 1 pm with the 6 pm kickoff.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
            Going to miss my first home game for some time also. Our fantasy baseball league (8 guys) are going to be at Wrigley Filed that weekend...
            IMO, that's a good reason for an excused absence. Been wanting to go to Wrigley since I was a little boy.
            I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
              IMO, that's a good reason for an excused absence. Been wanting to go to Wrigley since I was a little boy.
              And you know what else? None of the wives have tickets!!! Just a bunch of guys in their 50's @ the grand old ballpark...

Comment

I will be there been counting down the days until the opener. This is my first time having season tickets and what a home schedule it is! By the way if any RESPONSIBLE Jack fans are looking for a place to stay during a Jack football home game send me a private message. I have a cabin that I rent out on Lake Poinsett. GO JACKS!!

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
                  Totally depressed. Got my Grandma's 80th birthday party that night. Gonna have to pass on this game
                  That's a legit reason. It happens. I had to miss last year's season opener because of my parents' 40th anniversary. Considering it was somewhat of a miracle they made it that long -- and that my mom asked that I stay in town -- I had to miss the Youngstown State thrashing.
                  Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Last home game vs. Georgia Southern Ryan Berry started his first game for SDSU and went on to set a record of 5 TD passes. Maybe another gunslinger in O'Brien will be getting that chance this year.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                      Last home game vs. Georgia Southern Ryan Berry started his first game for SDSU and went on to set a record of 5 TD passes. Maybe another gunslinger in O'Brien will be getting that chance this year.
                      I remember that game. I didn't know who Berry was before the game, sure as heck did afterwards. He showed he was a stud from the start. Georgia Southern had one tough linebacker in particular, can't remember the name, but that guy kept drilling Berry all day. After every hit Berry would just keep popping back up in the guys face like it was nothing. It was impressive.

Comment

This might be the only game I get to all year. The nuke power plant I work at is having its refueling outage at the end of September and it lasts until the end of October and Then I get married the weekend of the Minnesota game.

Or i just might go to the NDSU vs Iowa State game with and NDSU grad I work with and bring along a mock up of the Dakota Marker trophy to raz the Bison a bit.

Comment

I think O'Brien should be the one. I think he could really put some points on the board and quick. I think with crawford and whittier it would be small ball all day. I would take whittier before crawford but overall I think O'Brien should be and can be the kind of QB that could throw 4 or 5 or 6 Td's. Air out baby.

Comment

Ahhhh, you're one of those fans. It's alot like a Sioux fan watching Southern Illinois playing the Bison last year and wearing "Siouxlukis" shirts. Pretty lame is you ask me. I'm not just saying that because I'm pissed we don't have the marker, I'd say overall that sort of thing bugs the fire out of me. People that wear rival colors (or in this case, make a prop) at a game where the rival isn't present, when the intention is just to piss people off. Why not just save it for when we come down there ? That way we can take that trophy home with us too.

Comment

Oh it would all be in good fun. Plus the the tickets are cheap on StubHub last time I checked. I went to the SDSU game there last year as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X