QB Situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QB Situation

does any1 have an update on the QB situation? has there been a starter named yet? Predictions?

Re: QB Situation

Originally posted by SoDakState View Post
    does any1 have an update on the QB situation? has there been a starter named yet? Predictions?
    My guess is from what I know about Stig is Crawford will get EVERY chance to get the job.... at the same point though if he can only throw the ball accurately 10-15 yards I really don't know how they can go with him....

from what I have heard, TOB (Thomas O'Brien) is by far the best passer on the team, hes the type of guy who can throw it 55 yards and hit the reciever in stride 9 out of 10 times.... where he strugles is reading defenses....

Comment

I haven't spoken to anyone or seen any of them in spring ball or practice, but from everything I read I am starting to think Whittier (sp?) may end up winning the job. From what I have read/heard, he has a very good arm (TOB has the best), but is making very good decisions and is at least as athletic as any of them. Since QB & O-line are the big question marks, the decision making ability of the QB will be an enhanced priority. I believe that we have an extremely good chance of being in the playoff hunt late into the season IF the offense doesn't repeatedly put the defense in very bad situations. Those bad situations often come from poor decision making. But since I have not seen any of them, what do I know? And dang it, why aren't they all SD kids!!

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
        My guess is from what I know about Stig is Crawford will get EVERY chance to get the job.... at the same point though if he can only throw the ball accurately 10-15 yards I really don't know how they can go with him....

from what I have heard, TOB (Thomas O'Brien) is by far the best passer on the team, hes the type of guy who can throw it 55 yards and hit the reciever in stride 9 out of 10 times.... where he strugles is reading defenses....
        If indeed O'Brien struggles in reading defenses, then our defense is going to spend more time on the field than they should. Perhaps he is not ready to step up arm or no arm.

Comment

Most fans make too much of O'Brien's "inability to read defenses".
          Nidaros- If you were at the spring game- do you remember him stringing out 4 long drives for scores?
          I'm pretty sure the coaches are high on all four QB's and will give them all a shot at it. O'Brien showed signs of being a freshman during spring ball, but that is to be expected. He is actually pretty football savy from what players tell me and he has also showed signs of being something special!! I'd say give the kid a shot! We will see. Should be fun to watch it play out!

Comment

Originally posted by gojackrabbits! View Post
            Most fans make too much of O'Brien's "inability to read defenses".
            Nidaros- If you were at the spring game- do you remember him stringing out 4 long drives for scores?
            I'm pretty sure the coaches are high on all four QB's and will give them all a shot at it. O'Brien showed signs of being a freshman during spring ball, but that is to be expected. He is actually pretty football savy from what players tell me and he has also showed signs of being something special!! I'd say give the kid a shot! We will see. Should be fun to watch it play out!
            I was not at the spring game. So count me as uninformed.

Comment

Hello, graduated in 2000, and it's my first time on the blog. I had to finally say something. I was at the apring game and have been following the jacks for about 13 years now. I thought O'Brien played great. In fact he did not throw one interception and threw bullets down the middle. The other guys looked tentative. In fact he should have been out there longer. It appeared to me that O'Brien made very FEW mistakes. Crawford and Whittier got more snaps by far. It's really a joke that we are still even talking about it considering practice hasn't even started yet. Let the guys ride it out.

Comment

I agree with that. I don't think we have to be worried about bad QB play. Hopefully it can be one of our strongest areas this year! MAN, I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE 12th!

Comment

When does practice start for the Rabbits ?

Comment

Originally posted by 8>1 View Post
                    When does practice start for the Rabbits ?
                    They might start tomorrow. But that's just a guess because it's a month before the first game.

Comment

They move in this weekend. Media day Monday.

Comment

I thought TV said in the live blog that practice starts this Friday, but I could be wrong.

Comment

Seems like an interesting situation to be in with a few different QBs with different abilities. Any chance they go to a 2 QB system? Situational type?

Also did Lotzer and Tice both end up walking-on? And is there any chance either surprise and get into this competition?

Comment

Originally posted by huskon4ever View Post
                            Seems like an interesting situation to be in with a few different QBs with different abilities. Any chance they go to a 2 QB system? Situational type?

Also did Lotzer and Tice both end up walking-on? And is there any chance either surprise and get into this competition?
                            Lotzer will be redshirting and Nate Tice walked on at Wisconsin. So to answer your question, neither will have a chance this year of getting into the QB competition.

Comment

I think they will go with O'Brien in the end. If you want to air it out and put some points on the board, than that's who you go with. If you want to play small ball you go with one of the other three. Even though Crawford kept us in the game at NDSU, I do think he is the type to put up up points for us although I repspect a lot. I've seen O'Brien throw every once in a while over on campus throughout the summer. He's really connecting with the guys. Loetzer will definitely add to the solid list of QB's. I say we put him at wide out or beef him up and put him at TE.

Comment

Working...
                              X