Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU Celebration Videos

http://www.inforum.com/event/photogallery/id/1583/

I'm so happy SDSU doesn't do this and I hope they never do.

For those who haven't seen a game in Fargo, when a player makes a big play they play these short video clips of the player doing their celebratory dance on the video boards.
    I realize that it adds to the "entertainment" factor and that little kids probably like it but I for one am glad that the product at SDSU is focused more on the football game and not on added gimmicks for entertainment sake.

I'll pose the question, does the "Show" that NDSU put on lead to a recruit more interested in his own celebrity than the team?

I know it's a far-fetched question, but it's getting close to football season and I'm getting hungry for some football talk.

I know SDSU's game is presented without as much gimmicks and it's basically outdoor, smashmouth football with a good marching band. NDSU's game is presented with more attention to half-time shows, guys coming down from the ceiling, lights dimming, cannons shooting type of show-time presentation that people like wives and children can really enjoy. Do these two different styles of presentation lead to different recruits choosing which school to go to?

Can you imagine Jimmy Rogers doing a special dance video?

Re: NDSU Celebration Videos

This isn't new and every Bison game I've gone to for years has had the video clips...fb, mbb, wbb, etc. My seven year old thought the Ben Woodside vid where he was stuck in Lucas Moorman's jersey was the funniest thing ever. College sports aren't supposed to always be serious!

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
    I know it's a far-fetched question, but it's getting close to football season and I'm getting hungry for some football talk.
    How is this football talk? Football talk doesn't include what your rivals do on their scoreboards between plays.

Comment

The question posed is football related. Do the game presentation differences between NDSU and SDSU end up attracting different types of recruits?

An example would be, if a recruit goes to an NDSU game and goes to an SDSU game, would a flashier, Minneapolis kid be more likely to pick NDSU and would a humble, small town Iowa kid pick SDSU?

It might be a stretch, but like I said, just trying to get some preseason palaver going and posing some questions for conversation.

Comment

Just came from the NDSU board, and there's a little controversy brewing about this very subject, someone even said thier players looked a little gayish.....lol.....that's something to consider huh,....hey, keep your hands where i can see them

Comment

No big deal, let NDSU do what they think they need to do to keep people coming to the games. It may work up there for them, but I dont think we should be modest either. If we got it put it on the field.

Comment

Craig Bohl fits the style they have up there. Stig fits the way things are done here.

Personally, I like the classy approach and it seems to be working with wins three of the last four years. Just can't get sick of talking about that!!!

It just drives them nuts that we own them in football right now.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              No big deal, let NDSU do what they think they need to do to keep people coming to the games. It may work up there for them, but I dont think we should be modest either. If we got it put it on the field.
              I like the animated signature over the replay at SDSU events. It's low-key, 'been there, done that, thanks for the applause'

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                Craig Bohl fits the style they have up there. Stig fits the way things are done here.

Personally, I like the classy approach and it seems to be working with wins three of the last four years. Just can't get sick of talking about that!!!

It just drives them nuts that we own them in football right now.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                I concur with Superbunny. My speculation about the influence on recruits: if a recruit is swayed by the celebrations and the celebration clips, then that recruit probably wouldn't fit at SDSU as well as the recruit who thinks such celebrations are B.S.

I have to believe that such celebrations are going to be criticized by the NDSU fans if the Bison don't start backing it up with winning performances when the game clock is running.

Comment

I think instead of naming this forum "Missouri Valley Football Conference" it should be called "What's NDSU doing ?" On the matter of players celebrating on a screen, who really cares either way. I don't go to a game and leave saying, "Did you see that shuffle Paschall did on the jumbotron?" I'm there to see the game, and so are the diehard fans. If you're a diehard, you're going to think the same way. If you're a kid or the casual looking for something to do on a saturday night type of fan, then it would appeal to them more. Let me remind you that they aren't all up there showboating either, some of them just stand there and smile and put a face to player. I would hope a kid isn't looking at all the theatrics in making a decision, whether he's humble or flashy. Hard to fault a kid though for feeling a little pride and wanting to show it off when he's a Bison. Bison pride and being a champion is preached 24/7 at NDSU. Is it Oct. 17th yet ?

Comment

Originally posted by 8>1 View Post
                    Bison pride and being a champion is preached 24/7 at NDSU.
                    So Mohler, Jackson, Schultenover, Washington, Sczepanski, and Johnson must've skipped out on a few of those late night sermons, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                      So Mohler, Jackson, Schultenover, Washington, Sczepanski, and Johnson must've skipped out on a few of those late night sermons, eh?

hey zoopaloopa if you think your players are all class and no party then you have been locked in a closet!

to the player videos, nothing wrong with showing the face of the player who just made a nice play, maybe things are different in Brookings and the entire fanbase knows their faces, but that isn't so up here and putting a face with the player is not in any way degrading or whatever.
                      BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                        hey zoopaloopa if you think your players are all class and no party then you have been locked in a closet!

to the player videos, nothing wrong with showing the face of the player who just made a nice play, maybe things are different in Brookings and the entire fanbase knows their faces, but that isn't so up here and putting a face with the player is not in any way degrading or whatever.

Good grief, people. It's been four days and not a single quality picture???

This thread should go to a productive home. Take it straight to smack with a lookalike or photoshop contest in 3... 2... 1...

Personally, I've always sorta enjoyed those videos in a "Gee whiz, that was corny but funny" sort of way. If it's done every single first down, it's annoying. If you see it maybe 2 or 3 times per quarter at the most, then I can live with it.* There is no way this should be seen as a serious attempt at celebration.

*i understand it might sometimes be a little difficult to show restraint, but more than 3 might be seen as rubbing it in

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                          I didn't say, "Jackrabbit pride and being a champion is preached 24/7 at SDSU," now did I?

Nor is my nickname "0<7" as in number of player arrests since last fall.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                            I didn't say, "Jackrabbit pride and being a champion is preached 24/7 at SDSU," now did I?

Nor is my nickname "0<7" as in number of player arrests since last fall.
                            Crossing the line into smack here. Calm down. (This applies to various Bison fans as well, by the way. You're a member of the Missouri Valley Football Conference. This is a board section where board members can discuss that conference and the members thereof. This should not be difficult to grasp.)
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I don't mind the holding/throwing the ball ones. The "Hi Mom" one is interesting, too.
                              Doesn't SDSU show the FACES of all their players in pre-game introductions? I think that is better but that's just my opinion. I agree with tjbison but I stop at showing the face, all the showboating is where I don't care for it.
                              I am the type of fan that likes it when a player has that "been there, done that" before attitude. That's just me though.

Comment

Working...
                              X