X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check this out, Bison Fans

Of course, it stings only if you're also a Bill Simmons fan:

Re: Check this out, Bison Fans

Look closer, it's not a Sioux OR Bison t-shirt; it's a generic North Dakota shirt that he picked up a year or two ago in Bismarck when he was doing a story on the Dakota Wizards(D-League basketball).

Comment

I looked closer.

I'll have to take your word for it, 'cause that sure looks like the UND logo.

Comment

I think the logo looks like a buffalo.
        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
          I think the logo looks like a buffalo.
          Me too.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
            I looked closer.

I'll have to take your word for it, 'cause that sure looks like the UND logo.
            Save the pic and zoom in on the logo and you'll realize how poor this smack is.

Comment

Would Bill Simmons wearing a Sioux shirt really be smack against the Bison anyway? I mean, the guy is a Red Sox fan/homer, can his taste in sports teams really hold any less weight?
              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
                Did that. Still looks like a left facing Indian head with feathers, not a right facing bison to me.

Of course, if I wanted to broaden the 'smack', I'd point out that there are more Sioux and more bison in South Dakota than in North Dakota anyway, and that the bison preservation movement was born in South Dakota. Thus using either for a state symbol is a bit odd.

But, I suppose, no more odd than South Dakota's state bird being a nonnative species that has overrun the native fowl.

Comment

Is that Craig Bohl sitting behind him?

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
                    Really?

1. Cost of shirt on minor sports celebrity - $20
                    2. Cost of electricity necessary to "save the pic and zoom in on the logo" - less than a penny.
                    3. Seeing an NDSU fan get so apoplectic over the thought of said minor sports celebrity wearing an UND shirt that he actually thinks Jacks fans care enough to take the time to save and zoom - priceless.

Comment

And he gets to take those pennant holders as carry-ons? I'm sure they could be used as weapons! You could put someone's eye out with them.

Also, why are airline terminal seats always awful? Or--if they're not awful everywhere, can someone name an airport with -comfortable- seats?

Comment

Did that. Still looks like a left facing Indian head with feathers, not a right facing bison to me.
                        Looks like a buffalo to me.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

It's a buffalo.

Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                            Is that Craig Bohl sitting behind him?

SUPERBUNNY
                            Couldn't be Coach Bohl. There's not a much younger, more attractive radio show hostess sitting by him. That recently engaged couple is front-page news in Bison-Land.
                            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                              Really?

1. Cost of shirt on minor sports celebrity - $20
                              2. Cost of electricity necessary to "save the pic and zoom in on the logo" - less than a penny.
                              3. Seeing an NDSU fan get so apoplectic over the thought of said minor sports celebrity wearing an UND shirt that he actually thinks Jacks fans care enough to take the time to save and zoom - priceless.
                              Seeing a Jacks fan care enough to start a smack thread about NDSU that isn't even smack...far more priceless.

Comment

Working...
                              X