X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let the predicting begin

Can't vouch for this site...
    http://home.att.net/~keepers.footbal...ID-898113.html
    but it predicts Jacks as 19th in 1-AA power ratings, and forecasts a third place MVC finish and 7-4 record.
    Modestly bullish on USD in Great West, totally bearish on UND. Is UND that bad?

Non-conference opponent, Cal Poly, is highly rated, but the other 1-AA non-conference opponent - Georgia Southern - not so.
    Interestingly, related to the comments about supposed powerhouse and '10 foe Delaware on another thread, check out the Hens' '09 preseason power rankings. Maybe Delaware should be traveling to Brookings.

Re: Let the predicting begin

Apparently, Georgia Southern is very young with an unbelievable 78 freshman and sophomores in their 90-man roster according to this story that TV posted on Twitter:

http://www.macon.com/168/story/796345.html
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
      Can't vouch for this site...
      http://home.att.net/~keepers.footbal...ID-898113.html
      but it predicts Jacks as 19th in 1-AA power ratings, and forecasts a third place MVC finish and 7-4 record.
      Modestly bullish on USD in Great West, totally bearish on UND. Is UND that bad?

Non-conference opponent, Cal Poly, is highly rated, but the other 1-AA non-conference opponent - Georgia Southern - not so.
      Interestingly, related to the comments about supposed powerhouse and '10 foe Delaware on another thread, check out the Hens' '09 preseason power rankings. Maybe Delaware should be traveling to Brookings.
      In the out of conference thread, LakeJack interpretted my posts as smack, and they were far from it. NoVaJack gives us this power ranking for FCS for all schools and conferences. SDSU has a power rating of 63.83, which if I counted correctly, put them 18th. USD had a power rating of 56.74, which placed them at 41st. There are a total of 125 FCS schools.

This poll makes my point. Both SDSU and USD rank higher than Delaware or Georgia Southern. I understand that they traditonally have been better teams, but right now, according to the measurements they use to guage teams, they aren't. Basically USD and Georgia Southern are a toss up. USD is only a percentage point above them, so for my money, it's a toss.

I hope like heck you pound Georgia Southern and show the nation good football is played in the midwest. I predict SDSU to finish 2nd in the MVC, and if USD should happen to beat UNI (which I am not predicting, but it could happen), then I like the Jacks chances of winning the MVC.

How cool would it be if you could win the MVC, and we somehow won the Great West? That would be awesome for the state.

MY PREDICTION: SDSU is 2nd in the MVC to UNI

Comment

My prediction

1. Northern Iowa 7-1
        2. South Dakota State 6-2
        3. Southern Illinois 6-2
        4. North Dakota State 5-3
        5. Missouri State 4-4
        6. Western Illinois 3-5
        7. Youngstown State 3-5
        8. Illinois State 2-6
        9. Indiana State 0-8

Comment

1. UNI 7-1
          2. SDSU 6-2
          3. SIU 6-2
          4. YSU 6-2
          5. NDSU 4-4
          6. WIU 4-4
          7. MSU 3-5
          8. IL St 1-7
          9. IN St 0-8

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
            In the out of conference thread, LakeJack interpretted my posts as smack, and they were far from it. NoVaJack gives us this power ranking for FCS for all schools and conferences. SDSU has a power rating of 63.83, which if I counted correctly, put them 18th. USD had a power rating of 56.74, which placed them at 41st. There are a total of 125 FCS schools.

This poll makes my point. Both SDSU and USD rank higher than Delaware or Georgia Southern. I understand that they traditonally have been better teams, but right now, according to the measurements they use to guage teams, they aren't. Basically USD and Georgia Southern are a toss up. USD is only a percentage point above them, so for my money, it's a toss.

I hope like heck you pound Georgia Southern and show the nation good football is played in the midwest. I predict SDSU to finish 2nd in the MVC, and if USD should happen to beat UNI (which I am not predicting, but it could happen), then I like the Jacks chances of winning the MVC.

How cool would it be if you could win the MVC, and we somehow won the Great West? That would be awesome for the state.

MY PREDICTION: SDSU is 2nd in the MVC to UNI

Hang tight there little buddy. It was not me who brought up the idea of smack. It was filbert.

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            Not a smack thread.

Not a USD scheduling thread (except as USD relates to future SDSU schedules).
            With that said I will stand by my base point - USD needs to win more then 1 FCS game before their fans should come on this or any other board and expect to receive any respect. You have to earn it and you can't expect to ride our coattails on this one. Sorry you haven't been there or done that.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
              InI hope like heck you pound Georgia Southern and show the nation good football is played in the midwest.
              I think they learned that when NDSU pounded Ga Southern by 20 at their house 3 years ago.

Southern Illinois and Northern Iowa are a toss up to win the conferernce again in my mind, with UNI holding the home field advantage in head to head.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                Hang tight there little buddy. It was not me who brought up the idea of smack. It was filbert.
                Incorrect, but play on.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  Incorrect, but play on.
                  Ok, ok. Let me try this again.

In this thread yoteforever claimed that I interpreted his post on another thread as smack. That just isn't the case. I didn't think yoteforever's post was smacky and I was not trying to be smacky back.

I felt then as I do now that it is ridiculous for fans of USD to compare themselves, at this point, to either Georgia Southern or Delaware. They have 1 FCS win. Maybe someday they will be of the same caliber as those two FCS schools, but that is yet to be seen.

What I was trying to say on this thread, was that you provided a warning about smack on the other thread. So I thought yoteforever had you and I confused. I didn't want to put words in your month as yoteforever tried to do to me. So sorry if I did that.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                    [COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Ok, ok. Let me try this again.

I felt then as I do now that it is ridiculous for fans of USD to compare themselves, at this point, to either Georgia Southern or Delaware. They have 1 FCS win. Maybe someday they will be of the same caliber as those two FCS schools, but that is yet to be seen.
                    Agreed.

I do think USD will be a good FCS program... and I think that's a good thing for student athletes in South Dakota and the region, not to mention for fans of good football wherever they might be. When SDSU plays USD, I expect we'll pound them. But I have enjoyed getting to know USD athletics again in the last couple of years, and I'll be interested to see how their football program develops.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I haven't got any predictions for the Win/Loss record, but I am really looking forward to my favorite Jackrabbit, Jimmy Rogers, pound the snot out of some QB's and RB's and WR's one last year.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                        1. UNI 7-1
                        2. SDSU 6-2
                        3. SIU 6-2
                        4. YSU 6-2
                        5. NDSU 4-4
                        6. WIU 4-4
                        7. MSU 3-5
                        8. IL St 1-7
                        9. IN St 0-8
                        7-1
                        6-2
                        6-2
                        6-2
                        4-4
                        4-4
                        3-5
                        1-7
                        0-8
                        _ _
                        37-35
                        The left is wins in conference, the right is loss in conference, since for every loss there must also be a win, the total losses should equal total wins.....so we need two more losses don't we?Assuming that each team plays 8 conference games against each other....maybe this is just nitpicking?Sorry,re-calculated, should be 36-36,one less win+ one more loss.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                          7-1
                          6-2
                          6-2
                          6-2
                          4-4
                          4-4
                          3-5
                          1-7
                          0-8
                          _ _
                          37-35
                          The left is wins in conference, the right is loss in conference, since for every loss there must also be a win, the total losses should equal total wins.....so we need two more losses don't we?Assuming that each team plays 8 conference games against each other....maybe this is just nitpicking?Sorry,re-calculated, should be 36-36,one less win+ one more loss.
                          I was wondering if someone was going to pick up on that. When I originally made the predictions I went through the schedules and did it the right way. But than I went and added some wins to teams that I though were better than there record and took them off some other teams. In the end it didn't match up and I should have just put the order without the records. Basically I think UNI, SIU, SDSU & YSU are going to be the top tier NDSU, WIU, & MSU are the middle tier and ILST & INST are the bottom tier.

But really in the end I think it will come down to which team can stay the healthiest throughout the year.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                            7-1
                            37-35

Jacks 8-0
                            Everyone Else 28-36

Comment

Working...
                            X