Site upgrade Thu 8-6-09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site upgrade Thu 8-6-09

I'll be upgrading the board software and generally doing some techie housecleaning this Thursday here.

So if you drop by and it doesn't work, don't panic! With luck the downtime won't be long and besides, it's August! Get outside and enjoy the summer while it still lasts!
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Site upgrade Thu 8-6-09

A perfect day to go outside and have a birthday beer.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Would be nice if the upgrade work is over before 2 p.m. when TV does his live chat.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
        Would be nice if the upgrade work is over before 2 p.m. when TV does his live chat.
        Hoping it will be a morning-only affair.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I'll be shutting the site down shortly to do backups. With luck we'll be back before noon.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

OK, we're upgraded. As usual, let me (filbert) know if you notice anything funny with the board--at least, things that weren't funny before but are now.

And no, I'm not talking about posters.

Comment

Yeah, the board upgrade is done (although I need to restore the galloping rabbit logo). I also need to upgrade the blog side of the site (which is a bit more of a pain than upgrading the board) but that shouldn't--I say "shouldn't"--affect the board itself.

Onward!
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

As you can tell, I've been playing a bit with the title header, and a bit with the forum colors. I wanted to try to get some more yellow into the board, but not in a way that will give me (or others) a headache--as I think would be likely if I just set the background to the bright yellow like what's in the header.

We'll try this for a while and see how we like it. M'kay? I gotta go make stir-fry now.

Comment

Originally posted by adminhare View Post
                  As you can tell, I've been playing a bit with the title header, and a bit with the forum colors. I wanted to try to get some more yellow into the board, but not in a way that will give me (or others) a headache--as I think would be likely if I just set the background to the bright yellow like what's in the header.

We'll try this for a while and see how we like it. M'kay? I gotta go make stir-fry now.
                  I like the yellow background. Thanks.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by adminhare View Post

Looks good to me and the cheery yellow is giving me a brighter outlook for this day. Thanks.
                    The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

These improvements are looking good. I like the light yellow filler around the various dialogue boxes. Thanks for the upgrade Filbert.

Comment

Filbert,
                        Is there an option for a mobile version of the board software? I know it was mentioned on Bisonville a while back and Tony was going to check some things out to see if it was a possibility over there. I believe one of their members even provided some links as to how it worked that I could try to track down if necessary.

It might be a nice option for users to have here if they are accessing the board from their mobile devices.
                        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                          Filbert,
                          Is there an option for a mobile version of the board software? I know it was mentioned on Bisonville a while back and Tony was going to check some things out to see if it was a possibility over there. I believe one of their members even provided some links as to how it worked that I could try to track down if necessary.

It might be a nice option for users to have here if they are accessing the board from their mobile devices.
                          I'm not aware of any specific accommodation for mobile users.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I have an iPod Touch that the board works great on. Also have to have a Blackberry for work and the board works on that as well; the minor limitations are caused by the device not the board as far as I can tell.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                              I have an iPod Touch that the board works great on. Also have to have a Blackberry for work and the board works on that as well; the minor limitations are caused by the device not the board as far as I can tell.

The board works fine on my device as well, it just takes a little longer to load and deliver than some of the other "mobile" sites I visit. Not a big deal if there is no other interest, just thought I would check. I'll wait and see what type of changes happen when Bisonville goes mobile to see if the switch is worth it.
                              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Working...
                              X