Huss: NCAA Post-Grad Scholarship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huss: NCAA Post-Grad Scholarship

Great news about Stacy Huss, just-graduated standout track & field athlete from Ft. Pierre.... Here's the announcement from Coach Rod DeHaven:

Stacy Huss a member of SDSU Women’s Track and Field team has been awarded a $7500 NCAA Post Graduate Scholarship. The Ft. Pierre, SD native graduated this spring with a sociology degree and 3.98 grade point average will enroll at the School of Law at the University of South Dakota. She was one of 29 female student athletes who were awarded post graduate scholarships for their academic and athletic achievement in spring sports.

During her outdoor track and field career Huss broke the 400 meter hurdle record on 3 different occasions. In 2006 she won the NCAA Division I Independent title in that event and she has been all conference the past seasons in the Summit League with a 2nd place finish in 2008 and 3rd at 2009 championships. In her final race she lowered her own school record to 1:01.31. Huss also helped establish a new school record in 4 x 400 meters during the 2009 outdoor season joining Brittany Garner, Megan Lauseng and Heather Wollman to run 3:47.81. She was active member of the Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) and had earned membership in the Golden Key and Mortar Board honor Societies as well as being named to Summit League Commissioner’s List of Academic Excellent the past 2 years.

During the indoor season Huss earned all-Summit League honors in the 800 meters with a 3rd place finish and as a part of the runner up Distance Medley Relay and 1600 meter relay teams in 2009. As a sophomore Huss ran the 800 meter leg on school record distance medley team in 2007. She also holds the school record in the 600 meter run with a clocking of 1:35.98. Her best 800 indoor meter time of 2:15.35 ranks her sixth all-time in SDSU history.

Huss becomes the third SDSU track and field athlete in the Division I era to earn a NCAA post graduate scholarship. She joins Brad Lowery ’05 and Becka Mansheim ’07 as previous track and field athletes to earn this award in the last 5 years.

This is a well-deserved honor. Stacy is a great person, athlete and scholar. USD's School of Law is fortunate to have her enroll to pursue her JD degree.

Re: Huss: NCAA Post-Grad Scholarship

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    This is a well-deserved honor. Stacy is a great person, athlete and scholar. USD's School of Law is fortunate to have her enroll to pursue her JD degree.
    Sounds like another great mind with vast potential, now as far as her career choice....perhaps I shouldn't comment.

Congratulation to Stacy.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Hmmm ... undergrad at SDSU then attends USD. Sound familiar Doc?

Comment

Originally posted by Drake View Post
        Hmmm ... undergrad at SDSU then attends USD. Sound familiar Doc?
        Very familiar to a lot of us who are regular contributors to the forum and huge Jackrabbit fans. I support USD just not the coyotes.

I just finished lecturing to the medical students at USD over the noon hour. Lets just say I encountered a see of red and a lot of students with smirks on their faces. I tried to resist commenting but they all looked so foolish I had to say something.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Must have brought back fond memories of when you were a first year med student at the U.

Comment

Working...
          X