JaRon Harris / Packers' depth chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JaRon Harris / Packers' depth chart

From the Packers Web site as of July 4, here's the wide receiver depth chart. JaRon checks in at No. 3 (if I'm reading right):

WR13Jake Allen6-4196241Mississippi CollegeFA-08WR80Donald Driver6-01943411Alcorn StateD7b-99WR81JaRon Harris6-019323RSouth Dakota StateFA-09WR19Kole Heckendorf6-219123RNorth Dakota StateFA-09WR85Greg Jennings5-11198254Western MichiganD2b-06WR89James Jones6-1218253San Jose StateD3a-07WR82Ruvell Martin6-4220264Saginaw Valley StateFA-06WR87Jordy Nelson6-3217242Kansas StateD2a-08WR17Jamarko Simmons6-223122RWestern MichiganFA-09WR16Brett Swain6-0203241San Diego StateD7b-08WR83Patrick Williams6-120423RColoradoFA-09
    Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Re: JaRon Harris / Packers' depth chart

you are reading incorrect. find it hard to believe he would be in front of greg jennings and jordy "white boy" nelson

Comment

Would be cool, but this list is alphabetical.
      “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

Did you really think they'd sign Jennings to a $30,000,000 contract last week only to put him behind a couple of undrafted rookies and another second year player that's never seen the field?

Comment

Well sometimes we often leap before we look so lets not be too hard on Jacksfan96. We all have high hopes for JaRon and who knows how far he will go in the next few weeks. I thought Heckendorf was a pretty decent receiver. SDSU would be more familiar with that name if NDSU had a good passing QB that could get the ball to him. My recollection of Heckendorg was he had good wheels, and often out there to find dropped balls land in front of him. That was not Heckendorf's fault so I think he is still in the running and has an opportunity to make the packer roster.

What the Packers want an what the Jacks and Bison want are two completely different things. I get the feeling the Packers are very demanding and some one has to make some choices in the next few weeks about who stays and who leaves as

Comment

It honestly didn't make sense, which is why I added a disclaimer. Perhaps I was reading with my heart. Oh well...
            Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
              It honestly didn't make sense, which is why I added a disclaimer. Perhaps I was reading with my heart. Oh well...
              Not a bad thing to lead with the heart once in awhile....

Comment

All he needs to do is make the team then who knows what will happen. He may end up playing before higher salary people. Hope he does well, good luck JaRon.

All he needs is one play to make is name then follow up.
                "On any given Sunday anything can happen"
                MISSOURI VALLEY NATION
                http://missourivalleyfootball.com

South Dakota State University
                http://gojacks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  I thought Heckendorf was a pretty decent receiver. SDSU would be more familiar with that name if NDSU had a good passing QB that could get the ball to him. My recollection of Heckendorg was he had good wheels, and often out there to find dropped balls land in front of him. That was not Heckendorf's fault so I think he is still in the running and has an opportunity to make the packer roster.
                  Heckendorf broke the school receiving record last year and was one of the greatest clutch players I've ever seen. In 2007, he caught the game winner against Sam Houston State and the 80 yard bomb to win the Cal Poly game. He was as much responsible for NDSU going 10-1 that season as anyone, IMO.

Sam Houston State
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTx__3AIusw
                  Cal Poly
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3XO4QBO4iY

I think he and JaRon both have legit shots at making a roster and working their way up. Good luck to both.

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
                    Heckendorf broke the school receiving record last year and was one of the greatest clutch players I've ever seen. In 2007, he caught the game winner against Sam Houston State and the 80 yard bomb to win the Cal Poly game. He was as much responsible for NDSU going 10-1 that season as anyone, IMO.

Sam Houston State
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTx__3AIusw
                    Cal Poly
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3XO4QBO4iY

I think he and JaRon both have legit shots at making a roster and working their way up. Good luck to both.
                    No question Heckendorf shined more when he had Walker throwing at him than he did this past year with Mertens.

Comment

And you never know with the injuries wide receivers get. Even if they don't make the initial roster, it might not be long before either one or both are playing. Weather wise, JaRon might be more used to the climate for Green Bay but Kole had to play in away games in similar weather. Good luck to both.
                      Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                        And you never know with the injuries wide receivers get. Even if they don't make the initial roster, it might not be long before either one or both are playing. Weather wise, JaRon might be more used to the climate for Green Bay but Kole had to play in away games in similar weather. Good luck to both.
                        Kole is from Wisconsin so the weather won't be a factor.

Comment

The WR position for the Packers is pretty deep. They have Driver, Jennings, Jones(coming back from injury), Nelson(2nd round draft pick last year), and Martin. It will be difficult to break through that lineup. I haven't seem much info on JaRon but Kole has caught everything thrown his way so far but with the depth the Packers have I am sure he would be happy with making the practice squad.

Comment

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/52272797.html

Nice mention of Jaron. About halfway down the page. Its something we are all used to seeing!
                            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Twitter posts about JaRon at from Packers beat writer http://twitter.com/Greg_A_Bedard:

Yesterday:
                              Brohm and Jaron harris hook up on pass of the day. Brohm threads needle. Harris makes smooth sliding catch

Today:
                              JaRon Harris has the JaDrops today

Comment

Working...
                              X