Jon Madsen-Ultimate Fighter 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Madsen-Ultimate Fighter 10

Looks like former DII champion and Jackrabbit Jon Madsen will be on Ultimate Fighter 10 on Spike TV. I don't watch this stuff, but some of you might...http://www.mmauniverse.com/news/SS4402
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Re: Jon Madsen-Ultimate Fighter 10

http://www.thehitsquad.com/fighters.html

Jon is about half way down the page.
    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Good find CatchEmAll! I had wondered what Jon was doing these days. Will try to catch him on Spike TV. He's a brawler...could excell there.

Comment

John McCain called ultimate fighting "human cockfighting."

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
          Good find CatchEmAll! I had wondered what Jon was doing these days. Will try to catch him on Spike TV. He's a brawler...could excell there.
          Brawlers rarely excel in modern MMA.

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
          When McCain made that statement in 1997, UFC was still somewhat of a freak show of bare knuckle brawlers. The UFC and MMA as a whole have changed a lot since then. It's a real sport now, not a tough man gimmick.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
            If John McCain doesn't like MMA, then he doesn't need to watch it.

And Jon Madsen would be considered more than a brawler in the MMA world. He was an elite college wrestler as, I think, a three time Division 2 all-american. One of those was a national championship I believe.
            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I'm not worried about John McCain watching it. I am worried about young people who watch it and then imitate it.

Comment

Yesterday while returning from North Dakota I was listening to KFGO and TV'a old Forum buddie Mike McFeeley, who has went from newpaper to radio was doing his daily show on KFGO. Mike also does a column on the KFGO webpage daily called a Rant. Yesterday his subject was Ultimate fighting, and he was in agreement with Senator John McCain's characterization that ultimate fighting is nothing more than human cockfighting where the human loser unlike the losing rooster is allowed to live. Mike McFeeley has had a similar role at the Fargo Forum as Stu Whitney does at the Argus in that he does not rubber stamp NDSU and Bison events and was very critical at times. What I seen of both Mike and Stu, they are indeed two different people, but I noticed a few Bison Fans who come here have liken the two as one individual and I am sure that's not accurate by any means.

In McFeely's rant, there was no mention of Jon Madsen, but he got many calls that took issue with his rant column and things that were said. Most of the callers were supporting the sport and spent a great deal of time mentioning the reforms to ultimate fighting in the past few years. I really don't have much of an opinion on this topic except, I would be very careful what I said around Jon Madsen, and I think there are more honorable ways to make a living even if you are a physically dominating person. Size is intimidating at least to me.

Here is the link:

http://www.kfgo.com/MikeMcFeely.php

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  Size is intimidating at least to me.
                  Well, Jon Madsen is no hulk in the cage. He was a small heavyweight (220 lbs) when he won his national championship, beating a 280-pounder. And my earlier comment about Jon being a brawler was meant to point out that he is a real competitor. As pointed out in another post, he had plenty of skills at a wrestler. I assume he has bulked up some, but he's not a big guy...and I have no idea how he will do, but I know he will give it a go. Having said all that, I'm no big MMA fan...just curious about how he will do.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                    Well, Jon Madsen is no hulk in the cage. He was a small heavyweight (220 lbs) when he won his national championship, beating a 280-pounder. And my earlier comment about Jon being a brawler was meant to point out that he is a real competitor. As pointed out in another post, he had plenty of skills at a wrestler. I assume he has bulked up some, but he's not a big guy...and I have no idea how he will do, but I know he will give it a go. Having said all that, I'm no big MMA fan...just curious about how he will do.
                    Jack#1fan;
                    I havent been in attendance to wrestling home matches like you have and I must honestly say I never took the opportunity to watch Jon Madsen. I had assumed he was a big big guy and apparently as you said he wasnt a hulk in size. What makes guys including Jon want to get in the ring in this sport is beyond me. If he won the NC in his Freshman year, he no doubt loves to compete, and maybe thats what makes him want to do this sport as well. I do wish him good luck, but as with sand volleyball, I am really not a fan. I am not even patient enough to watch PGA on the tube with the Tiger chasing the ball. I used to watch roller derby years ago when I lived in LA, but those people were always putting on a show and I remember one of them drowning at a pool party after a match so the rollar people were both competitors and friends and often had a party followed their match.

Kind of stuck in major sports (fb bb and baseball).

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...32/1002/SPORTS

Terry working hard all over the place. Article on Madsen via argusleader.com

Comment

Just got done watching the season premire of the ultimate fighter 10. I am not a huge MMA guy, but WOW, Madsen layed the smack down on the guy he faught.

Comment

Just watched Madsen's fight on Spike. He absolutely dominated his opponent. The guy basically stood there and let Madsen take him to the ground over and over. It was the worst take down defense I've ever seen. ..there must have been a dozen take downs! I've never seen an MMA fight with a fighter bleeding as much as Madsen's opponent.

Comment

I wouldn't say a dozen takedowns... purely for the fact that he was kicking his butt so bad the only time Abe ( his opponent ) got up was when Mazigatti (sp?) stood them up.

I'd say half dozen take downs

And yeah, Madsen made him bleed quite a bit

Comment

I have watched a lot of MMA and so nothing surprises me, but I have never seen so much blood in a MMA fight. Amazed they did not stop it. The guy ended up with a fractured scull and you could see inside of his head! That fight was not for the feint of heart!

Comment

Working...
                              X