Aplington-Parkersburg football coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aplington-Parkersburg football coach

Not sure what forum it should be in, so I chose the lounge because it didn't seem fit place anywhere else. News out of Aplington, Iowa today is that the head football coach was shot and killed this morning at a weight lifting workout. The shooter apparently is a former player of his from 5 years ago.

I know this isn't South Dakota but Iowa is next door and the state has seen players from A-P play at it's in state schools. I am asking all of you to say a short prayer for the family of the now deceased coach. He was really a good guy, and one heck of a football coach.

We all know if this happened in South Dakota we would be shocked, and the same I am sure is true for the state of Iowa. Keep his family in your prayers please.

Yoteforever

Re: Aplington-Parkersburg football coach

It is always sad and disappointing when violence mars or ends the life of another. When it happens in the sports world, we lament that it happened in a world where best honest efforts and fair play should rule every event. A coach has most likely chosen that profession because he or she is dedicated to bringing out the best of every athlete and every person, whether they be on his or her team or the opponent's team. This is a sad event for everyone.
    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Re: Aplington-Parkersburg football coach

A really sad story. Coach Thomas' house was destoryed in the EF5 tornado last year and he was a key player in the town's rebuilding. He is one of the small town legends in Iowa high school football. I can only imagine all the shock on his players faces as they witnessed him getting shot in front of them. My prayers are with the family and friends of Mr. Thomas and the two communities that lost a great guy.

Comment

Working...
      X