Student Tailgating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student Tailgating

The student tailgating site will be moving. In the past they have been split by the softball field. Last year they tried to move them into just the South East corner but with construction on the Dykhouse the site will not be ready. Student tailgating will be moving to the field to the west. They will be across the road where the Hobo Bon Fire takes place. This will be a good spot for the students. It seemed like UPD was always trying to keep them from interacting with the Alumni. This way students will have a lot of space. This is kind of similiar to how Iowa St. did tailgating and I personally thought it was a good idea. The half hour rule will still be enforced with them.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Re: Student Tailgating

" The half hour rule will still be enforced with them" Does that mean it won't be enforced with the rest of us? Just hoping.

Comment

I apologize for being slightly off topic since I'm not a student, but I have been wondering about a tailgating question. I read the following on the GoJacks site, but have never done more than visit other people's tailgating areas as a game:

1) Entrance fee to north tailgate lot will be $5 per vehicle. Vehicles possessing a reserved tailgate parking pass will not be charged the $5 fee.

For $5 can I actually park there and hold my own little tailgate party? If so I did not know this, I thought the only tailgate lots were the bigger $50 and $75 lots. Thanks for any confirmation of this.
      The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
        I apologize for being slightly off topic since I'm not a student, but I have been wondering about a tailgating question. I read the following on the GoJacks site, but have never done more than visit other people's tailgating areas as a game:

1) Entrance fee to north tailgate lot will be $5 per vehicle. Vehicles possessing a reserved tailgate parking pass will not be charged the $5 fee.

For $5 can I actually park there and hold my own little tailgate party? If so I did not know this, I thought the only tailgate lots were the bigger $50 and $75 lots. Thanks for any confirmation of this.
        Unless things have changed there has been an area where individual vehicles not associated with the larger tailgate spots ($200-300/spot) can gather on a first come/first serve basis. Most of my friends just park outside the area and hang out in our tailgate spot. We don't turn people away and we always have plenty of food and beverages.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          Unless things have changed there has been an area where individual vehicles not associated with the larger tailgate spots ($200-300/spot) can gather on a first come/first serve basis. Most of my friends just park outside the area and hang out in our tailgate spot. We don't turn people away and we always have plenty of food and beverages.
          Thanks for the information, jackmd. I have been at your tailgate spot a couple of times and you do a fine job. I have just been thinking this summer of doing a little bit of small time tailgating of my own, possibly at the Canaries game and the SDSU football in the fall.
          The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Just to clarify, the first come first serve individual area is just $5. The larger spots are $200-350 for the year and include 4-6 parking passes for the year. Its not really relevant for season ticket holders as parking is included if annual donations meet the pre-set criteria. We usually park outside the site after unloading in order to make room for tailgating bodies.

I can't wait to hit "The Backyard" again this fall, good times.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
            X