New SDSU website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SDSU website

I haven't explored the whole thing yet, but it looks good! Thoughts?

http://www.sdstate.edu/
    "You trusted us"

Re: New SDSU website

Originally posted by AnimalHouse83 View Post
    I haven't explored the whole thing yet, but it looks good! Thoughts?

http://www.sdstate.edu/
    Looks nice, except I REALLY HATE WEB SITES THAT AUTOMATICALLY LOAD VIDEO WITHOUT ASKING YOU IF YOU WANT IT TO PLAY!!!!!

I REALLY REALLY HATE IT!!! AND I CAN'T STOP SHOUTING ABOUT IT!!!

HATE HATE HATE!!!!!

Whew. I guess I don't like that much, huh?
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I agree Filbert but it looks like the website itself is much improved as far as navagation goes. Have to spend a bit more time to check the content.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
        Looks nice, except I REALLY HATE WEB SITES THAT AUTOMATICALLY LOAD VIDEO WITHOUT ASKING YOU IF YOU WANT IT TO PLAY!!!!!

HATE HATE HATE!!!!!

I'M WITH YA, FILBERT!

And I don't mean to pick nits ... and this is really minor in the grand scheme of things ... but the football picture on the athletics page? Couldn't they find something more current than the ugly-jersey years?
        "You trusted us"

Comment

I'm with Filbert. And, I think it is a bit gratuitous that the VP over the area makes a cameo appearance. Never seen that before and it seems rather un-SDSU like.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

HATE HATE HATE!!!!!

I'm with you. Should be your option to view the video. Put a placeholder there and wait for somebody to click it.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Just visited it. The Marysz Rames video piece is temporary. And the idea for that, including the selection of VP Rames, came right from the top. I think she did a really nice job on it, actually.

Be not afraid: The autoplay video will only be there for a short time. If I was them, I'd put an IP trigger on it so it would only play once for new visitors.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Just an observation on why so many people believe has taken extraordinary enrollment jumps in the past 5+ years. First, the Jackrabbit Guarantee (in addition to all the tremendous improvements made courtesy of donors to the SDSU Foundation). Second, the unique marketing campaign employed by SDSU for the past 5+ years (The "You Can Go Anywhere From Here" slogan really hit a mark). Third, the move to Division I. These three things created something really special.

Comment

Those automatic videos say one thing to me:

Car dealership.

But if it's only temporary.....

(better than NDSU's website. I went there trying to figure out the difference in Ag majors on account of the whole Bjorklund thing, and their site's busted. Got me a 404 while using it)

Comment

Working...
                  X