Work at the Erv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work at the Erv

I heard there either is or will soon be some work going on at the Erv. Fence, dirt moving, a little landscaping etc. Could someone who is in Brookings take a look the next time you are in the area and give us an update? Thanks

Re: Work at the Erv

I'll drive by tomorrow and see what is going on.

Comment

Thanks Mango. I knew we could count on you.

Comment

Finally remembered to drive by the field today, the bleachers had been moved (not sure if they did this last year too) and there was a pile of agerlime (sp?) where the bleachers were. A guy was on the field, not sure what he was doing but it looked like some sort of landscaping.

I'll try to drive by again in the next couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
          I heard there either is or will soon be some work going on at the Erv. Fence, dirt moving, a little landscaping etc. Could someone who is in Brookings take a look the next time you are in the area and give us an update? Thanks
          Lots of piles of sand at the Erv now. Talked to the guy mowing today and he told me they are filling behind the back stop from dug out to dug out. Putting in sand up to about the 3rd block from the top. That will follow with black dirt and grass seeding this fall. That's my story and I am sticking to it.

You are also correct about the fence. If money shows up they are going to put up a fence that is similar to the one around the softball field. Also have plans to move the bull pen to beyound the outfield fence?

To bad the college season is so short. The Erv (field) looks marvelous right now.

Go big, go blue, go Jacks

Comment

Thanks Chains. Glad to hear they are fixing the error they made when they built the backstop blocks too high. Can't sit in a lawn chair and see over the fence. I heard that Reggie was really irked when he saw how high they built it. Next steps definitely need to be a back stop pad so the ball doesn't bounce back to the pitcher on a passed ball and a batters eye that can't be destroyed by the wind.

Comment

Just got a message saying that the dirt pile at the baseball field has been removed, will drive by here soon to confirm it.

Comment

If you are referring to the dirt pile outside the first base foul pole, it was still there Tuesday noon. Fill has been added between the dugouts.

Comment

Roy, hope that darn thing is gone. What are you doing in Brookings? Checking out all the construction?

Comment

Yes, what a wonder to see all that's going on. Construction everywhere and more getting started. Not Grampa Roy's campus! Our folks are doing something right! A great day to be a Jackrabbit, but aren't they all. BTW I also worked in stops at Nicks, had an Ice Cream and paid a visit to the Foundation office, then back on I-29!

How many days until Baseball?

(Sorry for the drift)

Comment

Roy, hope that darn thing is gone. What are you doing in Brookings? Checking out all the construction?
                      The dirt pile down the first base line is gone, drove by the field yesterday and it wasn't there

Comment

Thanks Mango!!! How is the work at the field progressing?

Comment

Thanks Mango!!! How is the work at the field progressing?
                          Not too bad, they are starting to build the area behind the plate up so it will be easier for people to see. That was really the only thing I saw that was going on.

Comment

Would love to see an organized and targeted effort to finish the Erv the right way.

Comment

I have a feeling it's going to be awhile until the work is completed

Comment

Working...
                              X