OK, you Bunny fans are gonna LOVE this story:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, you Bunny fans are gonna LOVE this story:

Today I was picking up some lunch at Burger King, and to go home I was taking 19th Avenue North just north of the NDSU campus to Albrecht Boulevard, which runs alongside the west side of the Fargodome and the west tailgate lot. I pulled onto Albrecht when I saw out of my driver's side window, four BIG jackrabbits just milling around and hopping around in front of the Fargodome's west side ticket office. I stopped my car and just stared at them for a few seconds, and they were just running and scampering around in front of the ticket booth towards the southwest corner of the stadium. I had never seen anything like that in my life. I hadn't seen but one jackrabbit at a time in my life, and here was FOUR of them, on the VISITORS side of the stadium of the arch rival of the school's namesake. I tried to think up in my mind some kind of way I could spin this into a positive omen, but I couldn't. Now that I think about it, it's probably just a cool thing to see, so take from it what you will.

And we're still taking back the Marker in October.

Re: OK, you Bunny fans are gonna LOVE this story:

Advance Scouts. We send them every where.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBisonator View Post
      Today I was picking up some lunch at Burger King, and to go home I was taking 19th Avenue North just north of the NDSU campus to Albrecht Boulevard, which runs alongside the west side of the Fargodome and the west tailgate lot. I pulled onto Albrecht when I saw out of my driver's side window, four BIG jackrabbits just milling around and hopping around in front of the Fargodome's west side ticket office. I stopped my car and just stared at them for a few seconds, and they were just running and scampering around in front of the ticket booth towards the southwest corner of the stadium. I had never seen anything like that in my life. I hadn't seen but one jackrabbit at a time in my life, and here was FOUR of them, on the VISITORS side of the stadium of the arch rival of the school's namesake. I tried to think up in my mind some kind of way I could spin this into a positive omen, but I couldn't.* Now that I think about it, it's probably just a cool thing to see, so take from it what you will.

And we're still taking back the Marker in October.

Bisonator, gotta give you props (and rep points) for being a stand up guy and posting this on this site. But for the love of God, man, you do realize you just jinxed the Bison for the millenium, right? The line highlighted above was similar to what the Cubs said after the black cat circled Ron Santo in the on deck circle at Wrigley Field in '69. Cubs have had 40 years of agonizing contender/pretender futility since then.

You don't think the fact that it was you who saw them at this precise moment on the visitors' side of the field is coincidence, do you?

Comment

That's a little better than 4 buffalo running around Frost Arena.

Comment

Well we won there for the first time in years. Now, it looks like the jackrabbits have taken up residence. This may be a signal that we'll take over for about 30 years. Hey, a guy can dream can't he? Here's hoping those jackrabbits become similar to the Cubbies curse of the goat.

Comment

four jackrabbits today, forty next month, then eighty, you know what they say about rabbits, they love to frolick.

Comment

The line highlighted above was similar to what the Cubs said after the black cat circled Ron Santo in the on deck circle at Wrigley Field in '69. Cubs have had 40 years of agonizing contender/pretender futility since then.

40 years try 100.

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
                The line highlighted above was similar to what the Cubs said after the black cat circled Ron Santo in the on deck circle at Wrigley Field in '69. Cubs have had 40 years of agonizing contender/pretender futility since then.

40 years try 100.

They weren't contenders for the first 60

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                  That's a little better than 4 buffalo running around Frost Arena.
                  You are all invited to visit Watertown's "Bramble Park Zoo" to see the Bison exhibit. Seems a few were coming down the Interstate on their way to SDSU's campus but now they're now happily behind an eight-foot enclosure. LINK - you'll see the pics of the Bison. There are a number of baby Bison in the enclosure -- redshirt freshmen?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    You are all invited to visit Watertown's "Bramble Park Zoo" to see the Bison exhibit. Seems a few were coming down the Interstate on their way to SDSU's campus but now they're now happily behind an eight-foot enclosure. LINK - you'll see the pics of the Bison. There are a number of baby Bison in the enclosure -- redshirt freshmen?
                    They've got a small herd of bizun trapped about two miles from my house here in Lee's Summit, too.

Don't have any jackrabbits penned up, though. There's a lesson there somewhere.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                      They weren't contenders for the first 60
                      The Cubs were pennant winners in 1910, 1918, 1929, 1932, 1935, 1937, 1945. The real drought was between 1945 and 1984. It was 1945 when Sam Sianis cursed the Cubs when he was told to leave the 1945 Series because his goat smelled too bad. Sam is from the famed Billy Goat tavern that John Belushi made famous in SNL skit. The black cat curse was for the rest of 1969, Biily Goat curse 1945- ?
                      Last edited by boxerboy; 06-08-2009, 02:01 PM.

Comment

The Cubs were pennant winners in 1910, 1918, 1929, 1932, 1935, 1937, 1945. The real drought was between 1945 and 1983. It was 1945 when Sam Sianis cursed the Cubs when he was told to leave the 1945 Series because his goat smelled too bad. Sam is from the famed Billy Goat tavern that John Belushi made famous in SNL skit. The black cat curse was for the rest of 1969, Biily Goat curse 1945- ?
                        You got it right boxer boy. I worked and lived about 9 years in suburban Chicago and the Billy Goat tavern came up more often then the black cat curse but both are very real to Chicago Cub fans.

As far as Bison, I know a person near Sinai who raises them and sells buffalo meat products at the County Market and elsewhere around Brookings. The steak is not cheap, but is very tasty grilled on charcoal.

Comment

Sam is from the famed Billy Goat tavern that John Belushi made famous in SNL skit. The black cat curse was for the rest of 1969, Biily Goat curse 1945- ?
                          Been there. Was there once when the famed Mike Royko was holding forth... Still open, right?
                          Bringing the Belushi lines up to date and back to topic, I propose replacing "cheeburger cheeburger" with "buffloburger bufflobuger" and instead of "No Coke, Pepsi," - "No NDSU, SDSU.".....

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            They've got a small herd of bizun trapped about two miles from my house here in Lee's Summit, too.

I hope they're not near a lake. Then they'd be Lakes Bison

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                              I hope they're not near a lake. Then they'd be Lakes Bison
                              As a matter of fact . . .
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X