• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bohl is tweeting

http://twitter.com/craigbohl

When you think about it, football coaches were the original tweeters:

Lombardi: "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."
    Knute Rockne: "Rock, he said, sometime when the team is up against it and the breaks are beating the boys, tell them to go out there with all they've got and win just one for the Gipper."
    Bud Grant: "40 men for 60 Minutes.

You can say a lot in 144 characters

Re: Bohl is tweeting

I don't understand Twitter! Why is it so important to tell everyone every meaningless thing you did in a single sentence format. If you truly have some useful information, get a blog and go into a little detail about it.

I am considering getting a twitter account and "logging" every one of my bowel movements (with details concerning texture, smell, and release) just to protest this horrible trend!
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
      I am considering getting a twitter account and "logging" every one of my bowel movements (with details concerning texture, smell, and release) just to protest this horrible trend!
      There is actually a toilet that somebody has rigged up to do exactly that. The toilet has sensors and does the tweeting automatically.

http://aculei.net/~shardy/hacklabtoilet/

People have rigged up houseplants to tweet when they need water, too. That's about as interesting as 99 percent of the Twitter feeds out there.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Since it is suppose to be a technological advance, surely some thing good will come from this. I believe many before my time many people were fearful of the horseless carriage. I fear for the cost what I must invest and what do I do with it once I got it.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
          There is actually a toilet that somebody has rigged up to do exactly that. The toilet has sensors and does the tweeting automatically.

http://aculei.net/~shardy/hacklabtoilet/

People have rigged up houseplants to tweet when they need water, too. That's about as interesting as 99 percent of the Twitter feeds out there.

This is hilarious. Twitter is the perfect merger of wireless technology and the Me Generation.
          What are the odds Stig will Tweet? Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by novajack View Post
            what are the odds stig will tweet? Anyone?
            1.62%
            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

I would guess within the next couple years all coaches will be tweeting and using it as a another way to reach recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                I would guess within the next couple years all coaches will be tweeting and using it as a another way to reach recruits.

The quarter back will have a little screen in the upper portion of his facemask and the coach will tweet the play to it. No more stealing signals unless the other coach is logged into it.

Comment

Football and tweeting just don't sound right together. Just like football and cupcake.
                  We need to invent a social medium around keg beer.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                    That is one way to use it, but Tim Brewster has thought of other uses....

Brew's tweet refering to Star Tribune columnist Pat Ruesse
                    “How would you like to wake up in the morning and look in the mirror… if your Fat Pat.”
                    http://www.collegefootballtalk.com/2...at-on-twitter/

Comment

I wonder how long it will be before the NCAA limits the amount of tweets a coach can make?

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                        I wonder how long it will be before the NCAA limits the amount of tweets a coach can make?

Good question. Is a tweet an official contact under NCAA rules?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                          Good question. Is a tweet an official contact under NCAA rules?
                          It has blown up just over the past 4-5 months so I doubt it is under the rules specifically, but it could qualify as something else.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

When an official is blowing his whistle is he tweeting?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                              Football and tweeting just don't sound right together. Just like football and cupcake.
                              We need to invent a social medium around keg beer.

Can a keg 'tweet'? That's something that I might even consider subscribing to...

Comment

Working...
                              X