X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 AGS Preseason Poll

Any Given Saturday Top 25 Poll

Bisonville.com has it - #21 SDSU

Maybe someone could bring it over, Thanks!

Re: 2009 AGS Preseason Poll

Here is the link to AGS Poll on their site.

http://www.championshipsubdivisionne...log=2#more4981
    Last edited by Nidaros; 05-27-2009, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Both of our D-I FCS games are against top 25 teams. Georgia Southern # 24 and Cal Poly #12. Cal Poly away and Georgia Southern at home. Add in Minnesota and that's a tough non-conference schedule.

This is what I love and hate about our schedule. It's great we're playing tough teams, but I would like one of those two to be against a little lesser of a team. The goal is to make the playoffs and I think we would have a much better chance with a "cupcake" per say for one of those games.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
        The goal is to make the playoffs and I think we would have a much better chance with a "cupcake" per say for one of those games.
        A big part of me is with you on that, SDSUAlum08. But, I can also imagine the lift the program will get when we win those tough out-of-conference games.

Whether we win or lose, none of our opponents can accuse the Jackrabbits of taking the easy road now that we're fully in D-I and can pick and chose some of our opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
          Both of our D-I FCS games are against top 25 teams. Georgia Southern # 24 and Cal Poly #12.
          That seems a little generous for Cal Poly. New coach. Dally's gone. Barden's gone. Sure, it's a great program and there were some good players coming back, but #12?
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            A big part of me is with you on that, SDSUAlum08. But, I can also imagine the lift the program will get when we win those tough out-of-conference games.

Whether we win or lose, none of our opponents can accuse the Jackrabbits of taking the easy road now that we're fully in D-I and can pick and chose some of our opponents.
            Your schedule is impressive. I have to tell you I am shocked though after all the "tough" rhetoric that you want to play a cupcake? Somehow that is "beneath" all I have heard.

Your schedule is doggone tough. I would have to think that an 8-3 record gets you in, and maybe a 7-4. My thoughts are a cupcake in the sense of D-2 or D-3 maybe hurtrs you, I don't know.

As a Coyote fan, I like the idea of not backing away from a fight. Strong schedules build strong programs. They always have.

Well, congrats on your preseason ratings, but remember they are just that.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
              That seems a little generous for Cal Poly. New coach. Dally's gone. Barden's gone. Sure, it's a great program and there were some good players coming back, but #12?
              I agree, Cal Poly should be down. Georgia Southern is at home too. It may not be too bad of a deal. Two good name programs, but probably easier games than they portray to be. I am not saying these are easy games, but definitely look tougher than they are.
              Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

What's even harder about the schedule is that our two weeks off are the first weeks of the season so we don't get any weeks off between games this year. I wouldn't say we need to play a D2 or D3 team, just an average FCS team.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                  Your schedule is impressive. I have to tell you I am shocked though after all the "tough" rhetoric that you want to play a cupcake? Somehow that is "beneath" all I have heard.

Your schedule is doggone tough. I would have to think that an 8-3 record gets you in, and maybe a 7-4. My thoughts are a cupcake in the sense of D-2 or D-3 maybe hurtrs you, I don't know.

As a Coyote fan, I like the idea of not backing away from a fight. Strong schedules build strong programs. They always have.

Well, congrats on your preseason ratings, but remember they are just that.
                  I wasn't meaning a D-II or D-III game. I just wanted a game that's winnable even if we might struggle a little bit. We have NDSU, UNI, Southern Illinois, University of MN, Western Illinois, and Youngstown State all back to back. That's ging to be tough. One thing that may help us is that if the team can get past GS in the first game of the season, starting 3-0 should be very likely. And it's like I said before, it's what I LOVE and HATE about our schedule. I love that we're playing tough competition, but I don't want our tough schedule to hurt us in making the playoffs. We won't make the playoffs if we're 7-4.

So basically I can't decide if I love the fact we have a tough schedule or that I hate it.
                  Last edited by SDSUAlum08; 05-27-2009, 02:03 PM.
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

SDSU has the best home schedule in the Valley this season with UNI, SIU, NDSU at home. UNI and SIU should be the teams challenging the Rabbits for the title. I would expect to see the Jacks nail the wins vs GA Southern and Poly. I think that Jacks will win vs either UNI or SIU, possibly both. 10-1 (loss to Gophs) to a low of 7-4, one of the FCS OOC's and both UNI/SIU.

Jacks are pretty well set this year if the QB comes out blazing.

Comment

The thing that makes me excited about the Jacks this year is that the defense is solid as a rock and the running game will be intact from last year (mostly). A great defense and a solid running game will make life MUCH easier on the QB, whomever that may be.

Comment

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post
                        A great defense and a solid running game will make life MUCH easier on the QB, whomever that may be.
                        A great defense and solid running game didn't seem to make life much easier for NDSU's QB last year...
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I think even more so than the QB situation, how the O-line comes together will be the most important factor this year. If it takes the O-line several games to gel, that will make it harder for the QB to get settled. If the QB is settled, IMO, that helps the O-line to a much lesser extent.

With that said, I am cautiously optimistic that we have more than a "shot" at the playoffs.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post
                            The thing that makes me excited about the Jacks this year is that the defense is solid as a rock and the running game will be intact from last year (mostly). A great defense and a solid running game will make life MUCH easier on the QB, whomever that may be.
                            How will the defense be "rock solid" or "great" when last year's unit gave up 29ppg? What are the big areas of improvement over last year's defense? Not smacking, that's an honest question.

As a Bison fan, I think SDSU deserves to be ranked. I really, really hope the Jacks are ranked on October 17th

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
                              How will the defense be "rock solid" or "great" when last year's unit gave up 29ppg? What are the big areas of improvement over last year's defense? Not smacking, that's an honest question.

As a Bison fan, I think SDSU deserves to be ranked. I really, really hope the Jacks are ranked on October 17th
                              Maybe by Oct 17th, the ONE AND ONLY NDSU QB Mertens will be out on the sideline with season ending injury, then what? Do you put Lakesbison in order for the center to snap the ball? (not smacking)

In defense of the one high stat, there were several injuries in the secondary, and its not an excuse but rather an opportunity to give experience for all the young guys who are back and ready btw. Who gave up more points in Fargo last year and the year before in Brookings? , waiting for an answer.

Comment

Working...
                              X