Memorial Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorial Day

I just want to take a moment on here to thank the men and women who serve our country in the military and keep our country safe.

I also humbly say a prayer to those people who served in the past, and especially to those that paid the ultimate sacrifice with the loss of their lifes so that we may live freely in a nation that has been so abundantly blessed by God.

To all those that are either serving or have served, please accept my sincerist appreciation and gratitude for what you have for our nation. May God bless you and may God bless the USA

Re: Memorial Day

Well said, yoteforever!

So whether we're working, camping, fishing, grilling in the back yard, at a ballgame or doing the hokey friggin' pokey for a deal at the local used car lot's Memorial Day Blowout Sale, don't forget to take a few minutes to remember the REAL reason for the Memorial Day holiday, and the men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom ... and those currently serving to defend that freedom.

Somehow these two words don't seem to be nearly enough ...

THANK YOU!
    "You trusted us"

Comment

Bravo!

Hope all have a great day tomorrow. I am planning on calling my brother-in-law and wish him a happy Memorial Day.

Comment

Years ago when growing up in a farm community west of Brookings, two neigbhor young men were killed in action in Korea in short period of two months. (Sept to November 1951) These are the two, plus two more that were killed in Viet Nam, I think most of on Memorial Day. They died on the battle field and never came back to enjoy the freedom we do. You can always wonder what their lives had been like if they had survived. The two neighbors would now be in their early eighties and probably would be enjoying grown grand children the age of some posters on this board and a bunch of small great grand children.

Memorial Day used to be called Decoration Day since it started with decorating graves of fallen Conferate soldiers, and over the years it seems to move more to including our living veterans and I don't take issue with that since they do deserve recognition, but having Veteran's Day in November does make it a little confusing. Are we honoring the living or the dead? Well both and that is important.

The bottom line is think about those particularily who died on the battle field today this is really their day.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          Years ago when growing up in a farm community west of Brookings, two neigbhor young men were killed in action in Korea in short period of two months. (Sept to November 1951) These are the two, plus two more that were killed in Viet Nam, I think most of on Memorial Day. They died on the battle field and never came back to enjoy the freedom we do. You can always wonder what their lives had been like if they had survived. The two neighbors would now be in their early eighties and probably would be enjoying grown grand children the age of some posters on this board and a bunch of small great grand children.

Memorial Day used to be called Decoration Day since it started with decorating graves of fallen Conferate soldiers, and over the years it seems to move more to including our living veterans and I don't take issue with that since they do deserve recognition, but having Veteran's Day in November does make it a little confusing. Are we honoring the living or the dead? Well both and that is important.

The bottom line is think about those particularily who died on the battle field today this is really their day.
          Well said

Comment

Working...
          X