T Denny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T Denny

Looks like T Denny has made a significant contribution to TCF Bank Stadium. If you recall several years ago he was originally going to donate 40 million towards the stadium,but they would not agree to name the stadium after him and he walked away and started his monumental donations in South Dakota.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_...nclick_check=1

Re: T Denny

What does T Denny Sanford have to do with beer and booze?
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      Looks like T Denny has made a significant contribution to TCF Bank Stadium. If you recall several years ago he was originally going to donate 40 million towards the stadium,but they would not agree to name the stadium after him and he walked away and started his monumental donations in South Dakota.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_...nclick_check=1
      At least he is getting something named after him - the Hall of Fame within the stadium will carry his name.

Comment

what a shame.

Comment

For a $40 milliion donation to an SDSU football stadium he could get anything he wanted named after himself - including my next child. Trust me, I'll get my wife to go along with it.
          The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
            For a $40 milliion donation to an SDSU football stadium he could get anything he wanted named after himself - including my next child. Trust me, I'll get my wife to go along with it.
            I'm with ya on that one

Comment

Originally posted by Lakesbison View Post
              what a shame.
              Why?

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
                Heck, I would rename my first-born son, and he is 19 years old.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Meh. I'd rather have CAS the way it is than have T Denny's money in it.

I'd rather have it stay Coughlin-Alumni Stadium. I'd rather it not be funded by 1,000,000 $49.95 annual membership fees

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post

I'd rather have it stay Coughlin-Alumni Stadium. I'd rather it not be funded by 1,000,000 $49.95 annual membership fees
                    Another envy and jealousy guy over how someone made their money. I have a lot of respect for someone who is determined to donate his millions to good causes. Perhaps in your eyes SDSU should return the money received for the Dykhouse center.

Comment

Well, don't look at the new building in the endzone...

it may contain Sanford money...

Comment

Looks like T Denny's money is already at CAS

http://www.sdsufoundation.org/s/1109...id=1&pgid=1265

The Dykhouse Student-Athlete Center is another step in the Jackrabbits’ rise to be a premier student-centered collegiate athletic program. The Dykhouse center will allow SDSU to properly care for and train athletes as they earn degrees and proudly wear the Jackrabbit uniform.

In December 2007, South Dakota philanthropist T. Denny Sanford gave $5 million toward the Dykhouse Student-Athlete Center. Additionally, the Dana and La Dawn Dykhouse family pledged $1 million toward the facility, which will be named after the Sioux Falls family.

Construction on the Dykhouse Student-Athlete Center is expected to begin October 2008 and occupancy set for August 2009. The facility will be built in the north end zone of Coughlin-Alumni Stadium and will include:

Comment

Another envy and jealousy guy
                          It's not envy, it's disgust.

I don't want T. Denny's money, and frankly, I don't care what he does with it, but don't tell me there's something wrong with ME if I don't like how he got it.

Comment

It's not envy, it's disgust.

I don't want T. Denny's money, and frankly, I don't care what he does with it, but don't tell me there's something wrong with ME if I don't like how he got it.
                            It's called capitalism. If you don't like it there are a few other destinations you can try. Nobody is advocating he give you any of his money, but SDSU,Childrens Hospital and others will take it kindly! I don't care how he earned it as long as it was legal! I wished more people in his financial position had the same comittment to giving to worthy causes.

Comment

It's called capitalism. If you don't like it there are a few other destinations you can try.
                              Yeah. Either I LOVE how T. Denny made his money or I'm a communist. There's no middle ground possible, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X