Argus Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argus Article

We should all be thankful Stu didnt write this article.....If anyone really knows the truth.....they know that TV wrote the article because it needed to be wrote, but left out the major things that could hurt SDSU for years.

Trust me, the stuff that wasnt written, probably should of been since it's a state U...........but it was very beneficial that it wasn't.

Re: Argus Article

Uh-oh.....you're gonna get it.

Comment

Some posters just don't get it. Why don't you lock this thread right away. It gets old seeing the same posters say the same thing post after post.

Comment

"Trust me...."

When I hear that, my initial reaction is almost always: "No."

I dropped a piece of key-lime pie on the cloth seats of my old, high-mileage Tahoe that some people will use to judge me.

Comment

How about everyone just ignore this thread and see it if dies on its own.

Comment

Talk about saying the same stuff over and over.....

Anyhoo, it's a public opinion forum guys. People are going to have different opinions and thoughts and beliefs. If it gets under your skin that much, this is probably the last place you should be. You don't have to read, you don't have to respond, you don't have to be rude to someone just b/c you don't agree with them.

Personally, I think locking a thread is weak. It suggests that the people who want it locked can't handle hearing opposing viewpoints.

God Bless America.

Comment

I never checked nor did I even know what a positive or negative rep point was until yesterday. I recieved more negative points yesterday (I don't think I recieved a single one before yesterday) b/c of my comments on the Dr. Oien situation. And, for the record, I recieved a few positive ones too from people who obviously weren't interested in posting and speaking their mind and feeling the wrath of a few who can't handle hearing an opposing opinion. It's my belief that the same person sent me more than a couple. Heck, one guy sent me one b/c of my license plates. Go read my all comments on the Oien thread (I just did) and tell me that they were disrespectful or rude nasty.....not the case.

However......

I was called names, I was called a liar, my family was talked about....and this is from people who chastised me for "not knowing what I was talking about", yet they spoke so knowingly of my family, my character, my integrity and my honesty. Talk about hypocrisy.

I promise this is the last time I speak about the Dr. Oien article... He is a person who did a great deal for SDSU and we were darn, darn lucky to have him. I have thought about where we would be if we had a braindead AD. Oh God. Thank God. But folks, it was newsworthy, it did deserve to be written. I don't blame the friends of Dr Oien for being upset, that's human nature. But to simply ignore or deny there were issues is not being truthful. It's such a touchy subjest b/c he's not just defined by the negative. He's a guy who has made mistakes....but on the other hand he did a great service to many people. My belief is that the article was accurate. Do I think certain people had an axe to grind? You bet. My disdain for the Argus runs deep and it's personal. That's another story for another day. I also think that TV is legit and wouldn't dare put his name on a hit piece. The excitement around SDSU is the highest it's been in years. Dr. Oien is a huge reason why and I hope he can sit back in his retirement and be proud of his role in the upcoming success.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
                I never checked nor did I even know what a positive or negative rep point was until yesterday. I recieved more negative points yesterday (I don't think I recieved a single one before yesterday) b/c of my comments on the Dr. Oien situation. And, for the record, I recieved a few positive ones too from people who obviously weren't interested in posting and speaking their mind and feeling the wrath of a few who can't handle hearing an opposing opinion. It's my belief that the same person sent me more than a couple. Heck, one guy sent me one b/c of my license plates. Go read my all comments on the Oien thread (I just did) and tell me that they were disrespectful or rude nasty.....not the case.

However......

I was called names, I was called a liar, my family was talked about....and this is from people who chastised me for "not knowing what I was talking about", yet they spoke so knowingly of my family, my character, my integrity and my honesty. Talk about hypocrisy.

I promise this is the last time I speak about the Dr. Oien article... He is a person who did a great deal for SDSU and we were darn, darn lucky to have him. I have thought about where we would be if we had a braindead AD. Oh God. Thank God. But folks, it was newsworthy, it did deserve to be written. I don't blame the friends of Dr Oien for being upset, that's human nature. But to simply ignore or deny there were issues is not being truthful. It's such a touchy subjest b/c he's not just defined by the negative. He's a guy who has made mistakes....but on the other hand he did a great service to many people. My belief is that the article was accurate. Do I think certain people had an axe to grind? You bet. My disdain for the Argus runs deep and it's personal. That's another story for another day. I also think that TV is legit and wouldn't dare put his name on a hit piece. The excitement around SDSU is the highest it's been in years. Dr. Oien is a huge reason why and I hope he can sit back in his retirement and be proud of his role in the upcoming success.
                Mr. TeaJackrabbit:
                I did give you neg points yesterday, and I was very angry. You can not give this to any one continually. The software for this board will tell you that you have to spread points good and the bad around and this will continue for a time period. I dont know for certain, but I tend to believe that your neg points came from more individuals than myself. In other words the software would not have allowed me to give you all those negs even though I was very angry yesterday and it was going in all directions. Today is another day.

Although I dont agree totally with the Argus, but after some thought and a few exchanges with TV of the Argus, it does appear at least to them that the adminstration did not deal with substance abuse and a high profile employee properly. Having less facts than TV, I really do not want to say any more. I will say this though.

From my own experience, I do know that substance abuse knows no boundries. It attacks people who are homeless and it attacks those with high economic stature and everyone in between homeless and wealthy. It is a disease that can be treated, but the individual has to seek treatment and if its involves retaining employment be it any level in an organization, the adminstration or management has to demand that the individual participate as a condition of employment. From what all has been printed this might not happened at SDSU and for that reason, the Argus has something to print. End of comment.

I apologize for the negs, as in afterthought, you might not have deserved them and when you post something I like, I will make it up with positive pts.

Comment

However......

This should be the last statement necessary on the whole subject. No matter where you come down on this thing Tea says it right here.
                  "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                  -Leo Rosten

Comment

Thanks Nidaros and EQguy.

Today is another day and I look forward to moving on.

Let's talk SDSU sports and Fat Tire and how silly UND is to think they're somehow above the Summit.

Go Jacks!

Comment

I think everything in the article was true. Should it have been printed after Fred left, no! But it's not like they printed lies. The results(for his job) were great but how he got to them and his personal life weren't great. Everybody's made some mistakes and they weren't talked about but his were a little worse.
                      When you are in a high profile job, you get judged. I don't think it's fair but give me the big bucks and I'll live with it.

Comment

Thanks Nidaros and EQguy.

Today is another day and I look forward to moving on.

Let's talk SDSU sports and Fat Tire and how silly UND is to think they're somehow above the Summit.

Go Jacks!
                        I missed this. What did UND do to show that they think they're so great? They would be middle of the pack in the Summit.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                          I missed this. What did UND do to show that they think they're so great? They would be middle of the pack in the Summit.
                          Here follow or seek this link and you shall find:

www.Siouxsports.com

Click on forums and you have the same kind of board as we have here.

Comment

I'm not going to comment on the story or the rumors, which I've heard. I am guessing that Terry or any reporter would have a hard time getting someone to talk about it on the record or be able to find any documentation since state employees' personnel files are private and SD Freedom of Information laws are among the nation's worst.

However, I will offer this piece of advice on journalism: The Watergate break-in happened in 1972. Nixon didn't resign until more than two years later, after Woodward and Bernstein continually reported on it and eventually substantiated the rumors that persisted.

In other words, top-notch journalism is a process, and one story landing in print doesn't mean the end of the reporting.

Comment

Originally posted by sfsd View Post
                              I'm not going to comment on the story or the rumors, which I've heard. I am guessing that Terry or any reporter would have a hard time getting someone to talk about it on the record or be able to find any documentation since state employees' personnel files are private and SD Freedom of Information laws are among the nation's worst.

However, I will offer this piece of advice on journalism: The Watergate break-in happened in 1972. Nixon didn't resign until more than two years later, after Woodward and Bernstein continually reported on it and eventually substantiated the rumors that persisted.

In other words, top-notch journalism is a process, and one story landing in print doesn't mean the end of the reporting.
                              So is there more here?

Comment

Working...
                              X