USD's top 5 moments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD's top 5 moments

I agree that getting into the Summit, almost beating UNC, Noah Sheperd and the softball are good accomplishments but I don't know about the Men's basketball team.
    The Summit league and breaking the school passing records really stand out.
    Almost beating UNC with the players they lost was respectable but UNC was overlooking them. Overlooking or not, it was good for USD.
    I don't know much about the softball team so I'll let that one go.
    The one I have a problem with is the Men's Basketball team. They did win 20 games but 11 of those games were against DII teams or below. Mayville St., Valley City St, William Penn, Mount Marty, Lake Erie, Chadron St, Dana, Minn-Duluth, Midland Luthern, SMSU and St. Olaf. I know SDSU lost to SMSU but that was an exhibition. It shouldn't have happened in preseason play but like USF beating the Canaries, some teams use exhibitions as glorified practices instead of games. That's why SDSU doesn't charge normal prices to watch those exhibitions.
    USD did beat UND and SIU-Edwardsville twice. Both of those teams are in transition, too. Do you count as a DI win when you don't qualify for the playoffs? The 5 other wins, I don't know what division those teams are. New Orleans is the most impressive win of the group.
    I think the old NCC had tougher schedules that USD had this year. The next couple years, it will be tougher. New Jersey Tech has won about 2 games in 2 years but they'll be the main weak team.
    Somebody wrote, "the first year will be the worst of them all...". I think USD still has 4 or 5 real solid players but they lost a lot and their schedule will be tougher.

Re: USD's top 5 moments

Personally, I don't count non-D-I counters as D-I wins (that's kinda the meaning of the word "counter").
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
    X