• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit League Championships

Jacks, good luck in Tulsa

http://www.thesummitleague.org/ViewA...ATCLID=3739784

http://www.thesummitleague.org/pdf4/...DB_OEM_ID=3900

I think 910 is going to broadcast our games.

Re: Summit League Championships

ORU lost to NDSU & Oakland.....yes, we can beat them, gotta beat SUU one more time first though.

Comment

Jacks r leading 1-0 in the top of the 2nd.

Comment

Middle of the 3rd, Jacks up 3-0
        Go State! Go State!

Comment

The Good Guys have increased the lead to 3-0 after 2 1/2.

Comment

Jacks give up 2-run homer. After 4 jacks lead is cut to 3-2.

Comment

Jacks have bases loaded with 1 out in top of the 5th. All nine players have 1 hit, except for Turner, who has 2.

Comment

Briggs hits a SF to score a run and Stitz triples in the other 2. Jacks now lead 6-2. 11 hits on the day so far. A double by Turner, Stitz's triple and Martin's HR. Stay hot Jacks.

Comment

You can follow the live stats, or gamecast here.

Go Jacks!!!
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Sawyer hits a 2-run bomb, Jacks down 9-8 entering the bottom of the eighth

Comment

Jacks drop game one 11-8.

Comment

Tough one to lose. I think this one is on Ritchie. Your starter blows a 4 run lead and you bring him back out the next inning. Should've yanked the inning he got into trouble.

Comment

With double elimination, we still have a chance to win it. Pitching changes are like coaching changes, they are made eaiser in the stands or on this board. I would be willing to bet Richie had his reasons for not making a change. Might have something to do with double elimination. I don't know.

Comment

All depends on who is pitching the next day and how rested and ready to go is the rest of the staff. In a single elim tourney, rest doesn't matter, but no matter the outcome of yesterday's game, the Jacks were going to have at least one more game today. Also, you have to remember that it is likely there will be two games today. If we had won, then the next game is at 3 most likely against ORU's best starter (we didn't know they had won at game time and often a team will use its best starter in game two to get to the championship game undefeated or stay alive) with a potential game again at 7 if we lose to ORU. If we lost the game, (like we did) we play today at 11 with another game at 7. Managing the pitching staff in a short double elim tourney is always a challenge.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

We're still hitting great, if the defense comes around, mainly the pitching, we'll still have a chance of pulling this thing off.One loss from elimination, i say use your best pitchers the next two games & hope your hitting carries you through.Have to be able to protect a good sized lead in future games.Eight runs scored & still lose the game, niether team was pitching all that great, if you ask me.I think they're "saving" thier best pitchers for ORU too.We should really make them pay for that!
                              Last edited by jackdaniel; 05-22-2009, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X