X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Relief for the Bison at QB

Chasen Stangel has committed to Eastern Kentucky reports Steve Hallstrom:
    http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Re: No Relief for the Bison at QB

Here is an update on the QB situation from todays Fargo Forum:

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/242112/

Comment

Kolpack seems pretty certain(per his blog) that Bohl will bring in a transfer over the summer, but he's also pretty certain that it won't be a difference-maker. Probably another scout team QB that will only see the field if absolutely everything goes wrong; i.e. Mertens and Jensen each blow out a knee and Mohler just gets caught blowing a .08(while driving).

Comment

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2009/...o-qb-lamaison/

Down to Tennessee and NDSU for this guy!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lakesbison View Post
          http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2009/...o-qb-lamaison/

Down to Tennessee and NDSU for this guy!!

Well..... not exactly. It looks like it's Tennessee if he makes grades and that, BTW, NDSU has made an offer. The whole article is about this kid saying how much he wants to play for Tennessee.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
            Well..... not exactly. It looks like it's Tennessee if he makes grades and that, BTW, NDSU has made an offer. The whole article is about this kid saying how much he wants to play for Tennessee.
            I don't think grades are an issue here, but I agree with the rest. The kid was academically qualified for DI out of high school, but apparently didn't get any DI offers he liked. He went to the JC to raise his profile. He's only played there a single year, but, because he previously qualified academically, he can transfer now and not have to wait until he graduates. Even if Tennessee passes on him, I'm not certain it's a sure thing he'll take our offer. It's possible he may pass on it and play another year at the JC to try and get a better offer next year.

On a side note, of course the article is all about Tennessee. Did you read the url? GoVolsExtra.com. This wasn't an article from his local(Calif) paper; this was a Tenn article about the Vols QB situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
              I don't think grades are an issue here, but I agree with the rest. The kid was academically qualified for DI out of high school, but apparently didn't get any DI offers he liked. He went to the JC to raise his profile. He's only played there a single year, but, because he previously qualified academically, he can transfer now and not have to wait until he graduates. Even if Tennessee passes on him, I'm not certain it's a sure thing he'll take our offer. It's possible he may pass on it and play another year at the JC to try and get a better offer next year.

On a side note, of course the article is all about Tennessee. Did you read the url? GoVolsExtra.com. This wasn't an article from his local(Calif) paper; this was a Tenn article about the Vols QB situation.
              You're right on the grades... I stand corrected. It would be a darned good get for the Bison, though, but I'd always be wary of a recruit with such openly expressed desires to go to another place. Ultimately, you want guys who really want to be there. But if he is in Fargo in August, your QB situation gets a little more crowded. CRR

Comment

since you guys love the bison so much here on this website.

from the tv station last night, bohl said. "D1 schools are calling him everyday about transfers, and he's getting lots of chatter"

but Lakesbison says "Nick, then Jose, " so relax, we'll be fine.

Comment

but Lakesbison says "Nick, then Jose, " so relax, we'll be fine.
                  Hey Sam,

Just because Jose Cuervo can throw a bottle of tequilla 50 yards doesn't me he's a good qb. It just means the guy has a 'slight' drinking problem.

Comment

"Nick, then Jose, " so relax, we'll be fine.
                    You keep telling yourself that.....
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

sideline, real classy

JUCO from CALI went to Tennessee over NDSU. not bad company.

bohl said today, that he has 5-6 options for QB and WR this summer, and a DB from Florida is coming up to NDSU this fall.

Comment

sideline, real classy

JUCO from CALI went to Tennessee over NDSU. not bad company.

bohl said today, that he has 5-6 options for QB and WR this summer, and a DB from Florida is coming up to NDSU this fall.
                        What the florida DB that got tazered by Florida police?
                        Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 06-02-2009, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                          What the florida DB that got tazered by Florida police?
                          The db is from the state of Florida, not the University of Florida.

Sounds like Bohl is getting close to finally brining another QB into the program. Hope this juco one works out better than the last.

Comment

Confucius say team with two quarterbacks has no quarterback.

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
                              The db is from the state of Florida, not the University of Florida.

Sounds like Bohl is getting close to finally brining another QB into the program. Hope this juco one works out better than the last.
                              It was a joke. Sorry I forgot to put in the smiley face.

Comment

Working...
                              X