Fat Tire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat Tire

Now on sale in Sioux Falls, at least at the 37th st. Hy Vee ($3.38 for a 22oz bottle is a stone cold rip off for a beer that typically sells for about $8 a 6-pack).

Went in there over the noon hour and there were these three guys just staring at the bottles.

Re: Fat Tire

Great news for my taste buds... not so good for my wallet!
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
      Great news for my taste buds... not so good for my wallet!
      Don't they already have Fat Tire in Minnesota?

BTW: What gives with the high price for 22oz bottles?

Comment

Oh its a great day to live in SD !!!! (for you guys that do) Fat Tire is my favorite beer. I am glad to see they have branched into SD finally. If you like Fat Tire, you might also check out O'dell's Levity. Similar in style and also very tasty.

As for the price of the 22oz. bottles, I have no idea.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Saw a sign in Yankton that Fat Tire is coming to Ben's Brewery this morning...

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
            Saw a sign in Yankton that Fat Tire is coming to Ben's Brewery this morning...
            You guys in Yankton have had it all over the rest of us for years. Cross the Meridian bridge and buy it from that c-store on the Nebraska side.....

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
              Don't they already have Fat Tire in Minnesota
              There are a some places in MN that sell it, but I do most of drinking when I go back to SD, where most of my family and friends live. I have two brothers that live in Sioux City, so that is where most of my Fat Tire consumption takes place... but that might be changing.
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                You guys in Yankton have had it all over the rest of us for years. Cross the Meridian bridge and buy it from that c-store on the Nebraska side.....
                I hope the Ice House gets it, then I don't even have to get my fat butt out of the Jeep to enjoy one.

Comment

Here is the map of where they distribute. The pink states are new this year. (Including SD obviously.)

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
                    I hope the Ice House gets it, then I don't even have to get my fat butt out of the Jeep to enjoy one.
                    I have been to Yankton twice. I have also been to the Ice House twice. Coincidence? I think not. I love that place.

Comment

Does it only come in 22oz bottles? Does it come in 12 packs?
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                        I have been to Yankton twice. I have also been to the Ice House twice. Coincidence? I think not. I love that place.
                        Nothing better on a warm summer night, sittin' on the loading dock, breaking your empties on the concrete under the dock...Can't wait for this summer, SDSUdaughter #1 will be able to go with me. Another generation, kinda makes me proud. And then to have Fat Tire...livin' the dream, baby!

Comment

Ahhh the Ice House. Grandpa built it, uncles owned it. Mom worked there, I worked there, cousins own it now. Second place we go when we get back to Yankton.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                            Does it only come in 22oz bottles? Does it come in 12 packs?
                            That's how they break in a territory. Singles first, then 6 packs, etc. Tap beer should be here in June.

BTW: Look at that distribution map. SD's been just about as hosed by these guys as by Starbucks. Likely the first few month's sales will point out to the 'powers that be' that they should've been here a long time ago.

Comment

Fat Tire is on tap at Ben's Brewing Co. in Yankton right now. I just had one. Heading to the Jackrabbit Club meeting now.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X