• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royals love from the Argus

Not one but two (short) articles:
    Prepare yourself for a confirmed case of Royals fever
    Twins Talk: Who let the Royals in the room

Who knows how long it will last? Who cares? It's the Royals, in first place. Giving hope to all long-suffering fans everywhere (and I'm looking at YOU, SDSU men's basketball fans!)
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Royals love from the Argus

If the SDSU men's BB fans ever get to the length of suffering of Royals fans, it means my 9 year old will be done with college without seeing the tradition restored. That will never happen.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
      If the SDSU men's BB fans ever get to the length of suffering of Royals fans, it means my 9 year old will be done with college without seeing the tradition restored. That will never happen.
      Yeah, but it's seemed like forever, hasn't it?
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Well, it has been roughly 5 year for the mens BB fans and 20 years for the Royals, so if being a Royals fan has been 4 times as bad as for Jacks fans, imagine what Cubs fans feel like.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
          Well, it has been roughly 5 year for the mens BB fans and 20 years for the Royals, so if being a Royals fan has been 4 times as bad as for Jacks fans, imagine what Cubs fans feel like.
          Being a Cubs fan, believe me Royal Fans don't have anything to complain about.

Comment

Today is an example why the Royals won't win the division. Their pitching will keep them in it, but their offense is brutal. The immortal Joe Saunders threw a complete game shut out tonight.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
              Today is an example why the Royals won't win the division. Their pitching will keep them in it, but their offense is brutal. The immortal Joe Saunders threw a complete game shut out tonight.

Joe Saunders has been one of the top pitchers in the American League the last two seasons, RO, so I wouldn't put this all on the Royals' anemic offense. He's 4-1, low 3s ERA, and didn't give up a run his first two outings this year.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                Joe Saunders has been one of the top pitchers in the American League the last two seasons, RO, so I wouldn't put this all on the Royals' anemic offense. He's 4-1, low 3s ERA, and didn't give up a run his first two outings this year.
                Meh. He seems to smoke and mirrors for me. Doesn't strike anyone out. He got extremely, extremely lucky last year. His BABIP was .269 which means he was the 16th luckiest pitcher in the league. I'm guessing he regresses towards the mean this year.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                  Please.

Down here in KC we prefer "anemic" to refer to this year's team. That's an upgrade from what's been going on down here the past few years. When half of your lineup is batting in the .100s and your best hitter is around .275, that's brutal.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    Please.

Down here in KC we prefer "anemic" to refer to this year's team. That's an upgrade from what's been going on down here the past few years. When half of your lineup is batting in the .100s and your best hitter is around .275, that's brutal.
                    Well when they play the Twins it should be fun when the Royals offense faces the Twins bullpen. A clash of the titans.

Comment

I spent the weekend in KC and went to watch the Royals play Balt. I have to say Kauffman Stadium looks fantastic and the energy of the crowd was way up. Things are looking up for the boys in blue!

Go State!

Comment

Working...
                      X