Trent Peterson earns at-large bid into NCAA Regional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trent Peterson earns at-large bid into NCAA Regional

This is some big news. Add another person to the list that have earned post-season honors in their first year of eligibility. Not only did he earn an at large bid, he's been named the #1 seed among the individuals at that regional site.

Peterson headed to Stillwater Regional

Courtesy: SDSU Sports Info
    Release: 05/04/2009

South Dakota State senior Trent Peterson (Eagan, Minn.) received an at-large bid to compete in the NCAA Division I Men’s Golf Regional, announced Monday by the NCAA Division I Men’s Golf Committee.

Peterson is the No. 1 seed among the individuals at the Stillwater, Okla., Regional, hosted by Oklahoma State at Karsten Creek Golf Club on May 14-16.

Peterson becomes the first Jackrabbit to qualify for regional play since the school went Division I prior to the 2004-05 season. SDSU is currently in its first year of eligibility for postseason play.

On the season, Peterson has a Summit League-best and school-record scoring average of 72.10 (2,091 strokes in 29 rounds). In 10 events, he has eight top-10s, including a win, four runner-up finishes and a third-place finish. Peterson has finished in the top-20 in every event.

(read more)

Re: Trent Peterson earns at-large bid into NCAA Regional

Incredible Accomplishment!!!

Trent (and the golf team) had an amazing year. They set the bar very high for future Jack Golf squads.

Best of Luck in Oklahoma, Trent!!!!

Comment

The awards and accomplishments for Trent continue with the announcement that he is one of five finalist for the Byron Nelson Award.

South Dakota State University golfer Trent Peterson has been named one of five finalists for the 2009 Byron Nelson Award, officials from the Golf Coaches Association of America announced Tuesday.

A senior from Eagan, Minn., Peterson has earned an at-large berth in next week's NCAA Stillwater Regional to add to his growing list of accomplishments. On the season, Peterson has a Summit League-best and school-record scoring average of 72.1 (2,091 strokes in 29 rounds). A top-20 finisher in all 10 events, he has posted eight top-10 finishes, four runner-up finishes and a third-place finish. He also successfully defended his individual title at Westernn Illinois' Beu/Mussatto Invitational in April, before earning a runner-up finish at the Summit League Championships
      You can read the entire press release here.

Go Jacks!!!
      Go Trent!!!
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Wow, what an honor for Mr. Peterson.

Not only is he one hell of a great player but he is an outstanding young man and a very good student.

It is a very cool thing that even in a sport domintated by schools in southern climates, SDSU is being put on the map because of great student-athletes like Trent Peterson. The Men's Golf Team had an outstanding year and nearly qualified to play in the NCAA Tournament by winning the Summit League Championship. This is a perfect example of what being D1 is all about!

Congrats to Trent, his teammates, and Coach Baszler on a great year!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Feature story on Trent in today's (5/14/09) Argus:

LINK

Comment

You can also follow Trent's live scoring at this link.

It states that he will tee off at 10:50 am. I think that is Central Time zone.

Go Trent!!!
            Go Jacks!!!
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)

Comment

Trent is right there so far, he's 1 back through 11 holes today

Comment

Trent is leading by 1 after 13 at -4!

Unreal stuff!

Go Trent!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Trent is now leading by 3 strokes with a 5 under thru 14 holes. He has birdied the last 5 holes.

Actually he has a 4 stroke lead over the player he needs to beat in order to advance to the NCAA finals.

Go Trent!!!
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

His score just went final and he shot a -5 67 today which has him in the lead by 3 shots.

Folks, he is taking on a great field including top-ranked Oklahoma State on their own track and taking it to them. He is a great player!

Best of luck in round 2!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

As with other SDSU student-athletes who have made it to their respective national tournaments, Trent is also blogging about his events this week. Check it out by clicking on his picture on the main page of www.gojacks.com.

I also want to send my congrats to Trent on an unbelievable round today. 67 on that golf course is playing as this course is one of the hardest in the country.

Golfweek.com even got into the mix talking about Trent. Check that out here. Ron Balicki is the "the guy" when it comes to college golf at Golfweek.

The Argus also ran a nice article today on Trent previewing the tournament. Check that out here.

Let's hope that Trent can keep it going tomorrow and into Saturday. He is off to a great start.

Comment

KSFY-TV this evening (Thursday) had some nice comments on Trent, the first-day leader at the Regional. 'And that's Division I golf, some of the best golfers in the country!' they said.

Go Trent!!

Comment

Tough start for Trent today, going double-double to start his round

Comment

Well Trent did not start off well today but at this time is still in the thick of it. Any score under par for the tournament will be a good score and he is still 1 under.

Looking at other scores, I see Grady Pauls from Witchita St. shot 6 over on his first hole for the day. On the par 4, tenth hole, he shot a 10. Sounds like my score card. Although I have a rule that I can't write down a score over double par. So the most I can score on a par 4 is an 8.

Go Trent!!!
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

Not a good day for Trent. Plus nine on the day, drops to a 14th place time. I'm guessing there might have been a little weather involved in the day.

http://www.golfstatresults.com//publ...8780_1465.html

Comment

Working...
                              X