They got a surprise coming in Lubbock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They got a surprise coming in Lubbock

Ran across a college football ticket site that is selling "North Dakota State Bison vs. Texas Tech Red Raiders" tickets for Sept. 5 in Lubbock. https://www.ticketjones.com/Texas_Te...s.html?id=2384

UND is the Texas Tech opponent that day. Bizun will be in Ames to play Iowa State on Sept. 3.

I figured this was one service's mistake. But NOOOOO. THIS ONE http://www.ticketsnow.com/north-dako...tball-tickets/
    actually has the Bizun packing up from Ames and heading to Lubbock for a game two days later. However, this at least it says tickets are "on sale soon" rather than actually being for sale, as the one above shows. Hopefully they discover it's the wrong North Dakota team before then.

We all get tired of people mixing up the Dakotas but this is ridiculous. (How many times were the Jacks called "South Dakota" on non-conference bb games this winter?. Do they know what an insult that is, from both directions?)

Imagine if UND were hosting Texas A&M and online ticket services were offering UND-Texas Longhorn tickets.

Buyer beware indeed.

On the ligher side, there might be some surprised fans on Sept. 5 in Lubbock.

LAKES: HIGH DUDGEON TIME!

Re: They got a surprise coming in Lubbock

I remember when UND went down to Florance for their first national title game and the people down there printed all their ID tags with "North Dakota State" on them.

But this is perhaps the worst mixup ever....

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
      I remember when UND went down to Florance for their first national title game and the people down there printed all their ID tags with "North Dakota State" on them.

But this is perhaps the worst mixup ever....

Okay, that's funny on UND in Florence. But the level of ignorance in this is maddening. That's one thing XDSUs can agree on.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        Okay, that's funny on UND in Florence. But the level of ignorance in this is maddening. That's one thing XDSUs can agree on.
        Yeah, I don't even think I could count the amount of times I've heard NDSU called North Dakota. Especially in the cities, and then they'll ask about how the great hockey team we have up there is doing. Then I tell them we don't have hockey and it's mass confusion. Most of the time I'm even wearing an NDSU shirt when these people approach me. It can get beyond maddening.

That said, we had a Great West ref actually say, "First down South Dakota State" at a football game a few years ago. The crowd made sure he'll never make that mistake again.

Comment

Yeah, I don't even think I could count the amount of times I've heard NDSU called North Dakota. Especially in the cities, and then they'll ask about how the great hockey team we have up there is doing.

That said, we had a Great West ref actually say, "First down South Dakota State" at a football game a few years ago. The crowd made sure he'll never make that mistake again.
          Actually, that could have been said 21 times in Fargo last Nov. 22. Sorry, Fargo Bison, that was a fat one down the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
            Actually, that could have been said 21 times in Fargo last Nov. 22. Sorry, Fargo Bison, that was a fat one down the middle.
            I really did tee that one up there and just when I thought I had finally forgotten about last year.

Comment

I really did tee that one up there and just when I thought I had finally forgotten about last year.
              Sorry about that. You do bring good insight to this board. Beat Iowa State and then maybe Texas Tech won't want to play you!

Comment

I remember hearing all kinds of different names around Minneapolis the first year NDSU played the Gophers. You'd hear people referring to the North Dakota State Fighting Bison, North Dakota State Fighting Sioux, University of North Dakota Bison, etc.

I'm already preparing myself for SDSU being referred to as the Coyotes by every media member in the Twin Cities area this November. It's amazing how little people around the Minneapolis area know about the Dakota schools.
                “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by rjacks21 View Post
                  I remember hearing all kinds of different names around Minneapolis the first year NDSU played the Gophers. You'd hear people referring to the North Dakota State Fighting Bison, North Dakota State Fighting Sioux, University of North Dakota Bison, etc.

I'm already preparing myself for SDSU being referred to as the Coyotes by every media member in the Twin Cities area this November. It's amazing how little people around the Minneapolis area know about the Dakota schools.

In most states that's called ignorance.

Comment

present day: now everyone knows who the North Dakota State Bison are

Comment

I'm already preparing myself for SDSU being referred to as the Coyotes by every media member in the Twin Cities area this November.
                      I think we have the market cornered on "San Diego State", which I think is pretty ridiculous mistake for people who live in the region... but it will happen anyways. I remember Jimmy Jackson of the Big Ten Network doing color commentary on the Jacks/Gophers game and he kept on calling us San Diego state, to which he finally decided to try and justify it by saying we had the same initials and the same colored uniforms as San Diego State... just for those who don't know this, San Diego State's colors are black and scarlet, for he was just confused again with San Jose State, who's colors are Blue, Gold (yes, I know ours is yellow), and White! Talk about an epic fail!
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                        I think we have the market cornered on "San Diego State", which I think is pretty ridiculous mistake for people who live in the region... but it will happen anyways. I remember Jimmy Jackson of the Big Ten Network doing color commentary on the Jacks/Gophers game and he kept on calling us San Diego state, to which he finally decided to try and justify it by saying we had the same initials and the same colored uniforms as San Diego State... just for those who don't know this, San Diego State's colors are black and scarlet, for he was just confused again with San Jose State, who's colors are Blue, Gold (yes, I know ours is yellow), and White! Talk about an epic fail!
                        some commentators are just retards when it comes to that stuff

Comment

I'm already preparing myself for SDSU being referred to as the Coyotes by every media member in the Twin Cities area this November.
                          I wouldn't expect that at all if I was you. Has there ever been any exposure for USD in the twin cities?

Comment

Originally posted by bison8xchamp View Post
                            present day: now everyone knows who the North Dakota State Bison are
                            Well, not in Lubbock or on some ticket sites, which was the point of this thread.

Comment

This sort of thing still happens to U of Kansas and Kansas State and they, especially KU, are very well known and pretty distinguishable schools.

Comment

Working...
                              X