Transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfers

I just heard today from one of the other players parents that Woody Orne is leaving the Jackrabbits and will be transferring to a school in Iowa. I don't have any more details than that. Woody would have been our starting LG. My understanding is that this was not totally unexpected.

I haven't heard about any other defections. Has anyone else heard otherwise?
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Transfers

I believe he participated in Spring ball...correct? If so, it seems odd to leave immediately following spring practices.

Comment

That hurts, Orne was a promising player and we are already a bit thin at OL.

Comment

because you guys don't have field turf to practice on

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitinTea View Post
          I believe he participated in Spring ball...correct? If so, it seems odd to leave immediately following spring practices.
          I said the same thing when I was told he was leaving. I don't want to start any speculation so I'm just going to leave it where I have, my understanding is that he won't be on our O-line next year. Again, the source is one of the other players parents.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by bison8xchamp View Post
            because you guys don't have field turf to practice on
            NEG REPS FOR THAT?? you guys need to learn to take some jokes. this board is full of stiffs. Can't have any fun here. wow

Comment

well to be more proper...

that is very strange that a fine young man would transfer after spring ball. He must have some sort of problem with the coaches or something maybe?? anyways..that is never good to hear...maybe its just speculation.

--happy stiffos?

Comment

I talked with Woody last week and one of his main reasons for transferring is to be closer to his family. Iowa City is within an hour of most of his relatives and he said that was a large motivational factor for him. He will be greatly missed on the O-Line and we will need some big people to step in and fill his shoes this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by bison8xchamp View Post
                  well to be more proper...

that is very strange that a fine young man would transfer after spring ball. He must have some sort of problem with the coaches or something maybe?? anyways..that is never good to hear...maybe its just speculation.

--happy stiffos?
                  I wouldn't post it if it was speculation, I'll leave that up to the Bison fans as it pertains to their backup QB. Woody didn't have any problem with the coaching staff. As Superfan reports, he wants to be closer to family and Iowa provides that for him. Best of luck to a fine young man.

This leaves an opportunity for another player to step in and start on the O-line. Let's see who can win the spot.

Comment

I heard about him transfering last week but didn't know if it would be my place to post it. I heard he is going to the University of Iowa because he thinks he will get some playing time. BIG loss to the O line

Comment

Very disapointing news! Woody was a huge get last year!

Comment

Heard the same in regards to Woody this weekend. Very unfortunate. While I believe there are some very good lineman behind him the experience Woody picked up and the job he did last year will be hard to replace.
                        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                        -Leo Rosten

Comment

It's hard to blame a guy for wanting to play close to home, especially if that means playing in the Big 10. However, **unless there's something we don't know**, I have a slight problem with taking snaps away from other guys and seemingly using our program to get better and then immediately leave. It just seems wrong to me to participate in our camp when he, obviously, couldn't have gotten to Iowa City to attend their camp. I hope there is a reasonable explanation....like he was giving our program another chance before a final decision.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitinTea View Post
                            It's hard to blame a guy for wanting to play close to home, especially if that means playing in the Big 10. However, **unless there's something we don't know**, I have a slight problem with taking snaps away from other guys and seemingly using our program to get better and then immediately leave. It just seems wrong to me to participate in our camp when he, obviously, couldn't have gotten to Iowa City to attend their camp. I hope there is a reasonable explanation....like he was giving our program another chance before a final decision.
                            I heard from a very reliable source in the athletic administration that there were some family issues that are forcing him to be closer to home.
                            Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

Big loss, but small in the grand scheme of the football program. Much more positive new right now.

Especially if you compare it to the losses to the Men's BB team a few years ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X