Baseball RPI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball RPI

I have been keeping track of the Summit League RPI's rankings the last two weeks and here are the current and last week's standings. It should be noted that there are 302 teams playing D-1 baseball.

Code:
                                                 RPI
    School            Record            Current        Last Week

Oral Roberts       22-11                48              54
    Centenary          31-11               123             144
    SDSU               18-26               222             240
    So. Utah           22-18               250             253
    NDSU               12-24               257             258
    Oakland            16-27               274             264
    Western Ill.       12-28               277             273
    IPFW               10-34               282             274
    Average RPI                            216.63          220.00
    You can see the current RPI's here.

Go State!!!
    Go Jacks!!!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Re: Baseball RPI

Something I found out in looking at the RPI's of other conferences is that the state of Iowa really has no presence in baseball at all. I did not know that Iowa St. does not offer baseball and neither does Drake University. It was recently announced that Northern Iowa was dropping baseball. The only D-1 university in Iowa that will be offering baseball in the near future is the University of Iowa. They don't currently have a good team either. U of Iowa has an RPI of 256, which is less than SDSU.

I would think this would be a good place to recruit players that want to stay close to home and play baseball. Anyway I was suprised to see this.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Iowa State dropped baseball about eight years ago -- going from memory. It was one of the oldest college baseball programs in the country and in most years the Cyclones were okay.

Comment

After seeing that SDSU has a higher RPI than SUU, I started looking at the Jacks chances for passing SUU in the standings. Against common conference opponents, SDSU is 10-2 and SUU 7-4. The Thunderbirbs series with ORU was rained out so that worked to SUU's advantage. They haven't played Centenary yet.

If the Jacks go 8-0 they finiah in 3rd.

If the Jacks go 7-1 with the loss to IPFW, the Jacks finish 3rd, if the loss is to SUU, SUU would have to sweep Centenary at Centenary to finish in 3rd.

If the Jacks go 6-2 with at least one loss to IPFW, SUU would have to win 3 at Centenary or if both losses are to SUU, then SUU would have to split at Centenary to beat out the Jacks.

The way the Jacks have been playing and the way Centenary has been playing, the Jacks have a great shot at 3rd.

The Jacks are not mathematically eliminated from passing Cententary or even Oral Roberts but the chances are much less realistic.

Comment

Working...
        X