Argus Leader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argus Leader

I just wanted to tip my hat to the Argus Leader and TV. A lot of people used to give them crap for the lack of coverage but if you look at it now, there is stuff everywhere! Ex/ Wolters, AD Positions, New Avera Center, Football Spring Coverage, etc. There are obviously some questionable things along with everone else, but I think they're doing a great job!
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Re: Argus Leader

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    I just wanted to tip my hat to the Argus Leader and TV. A lot of people used to give them crap for the lack of coverage but if you look at it now, there is stuff everywhere! Ex/ Wolters, AD Positions, New Avera Center, Football Spring Coverage, etc. There are obviously some questionable things along with everone else, but I think they're doing a great job!
    I'll say this, the argus does a good job in letting Terry be a free type of reporter, and Terry does one heck of a job.... other then that I'd say that for the largest and 1st D-I university they still don't cover SDSU like they should.....

Comment

Such as?

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I think Terry has elavated the entire sports department at the Argus and what is expected when covering a program.

Comment

I'm not much of an Argus fan....but I have to be honest and say I have seen a rise in SDSU coverage and I really appreciate it. Also love TV! Imagine if Stu were the beat writer?

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
            I'm not much of an Argus fan....but I have to be honest and say I have seen a rise in SDSU coverage and I really appreciate it. Also love TV! Imagine if Stu were the beat writer?
            I believe SDSU would rather have no COVERAGE before they would allow Stu to be the beat writer.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
              I think Terry has elavated the entire sports department at the Argus and what is expected when covering a program.
              I would totally agree with that.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                I believe SDSU would rather have no COVERAGE before they would allow Stu to be the beat writer.
                Doubtful.

Wasn't he the one who wrote the piece about the women winning the Summit league tourney? I really can't remember, but I think it was him.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                  Doubtful.

Wasn't he the one who wrote the piece about the women winning the Summit league tourney? I really can't remember, but I think it was him.
                  it was TV that wrote the game story about the women winning the Summit League tournament. Stu had some stories on Jill Young playing in the Arena for the first time and he did do a piece about the importance of the women winning it, or something along those lines.
                  Last edited by mango4; 05-04-2009, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                    it was TV that wrote the game story about the women winning the Summit League tournament. Stu had some stories on Jill Young playing in the Arena for the first time and he did do a piece about the importance of the women winning it, or something along those lines.
                    That's the one I was thinking of.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                    X