Oakland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oakland

Big weekend for the good guys. They could go a long ways to locking up that 4th and final playoff spot. We need to win this series against the Grizzlies.

http://www.ougrizzlies.com/sports/m-...043009aaa.html

Re: Oakland

Jacks win game one big 15-6. State scored 12 runs total in innings 6-8. Joel Blake went 4-6 with two homers including a grand slam in the 8th, driving in six RBIs for the day. Tony Martin went 3-6 driving in three. Jacks sit at 15-26, 8-8 in the Summit League.

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
      Jacks win game one big 15-6. State scored 12 runs total in innings 6-8. Joel Blake went 4-6 with two homers including a grand slam in the 8th, driving in six RBIs for the day. Tony Martin went 3-6 driving in three. Jacks sit at 15-26, 8-8 in the Summit League.
      Good start to the series for the Jacks. I'll be there tomorrow, and really looking forward to watching my first games of the year

Comment

Jacks up in the 7th

Comment

Does anyone have access to scores of today's doubleheader. Yesterdays win put us 1 game up on the Bison for forth place. Thanks in Advance.

Comment

Jacks won two today. 12-4 and 6-5 I think. The Jacks scored 4 in the bottom half of the last inning in the night cap to take the win.

Comment

Two good wins by the Jacks today. Took the first one 12-4.
              We were down 6-2 in the bottom of the 6th of game 2 and had bases loaded with two outs, Ayala strikes out. Griz go down in order in the 7th. Stitz starts off the 7th with a walk, Blake follows that with a home run. Lee singles, Sawyer doubles, they walk Martin to get to to Turner. Turner just misses ending it on a grand slam, ends ups striking out. Briggs singles down the right field line to score Lee and Sawyer. Jacks take the second one 6-5.

Go for the Sweep tomorrow.

Comment

I think your guys' magic number for making the tourney is 8 at the moment(NDSU vs. Cent is in extra innings right now). Is anyone else keeping track of that and can confirm my number?

edit: 7 now, with NDSU's loss to Cent.
                Last edited by Hammersmith; 05-02-2009, 07:16 PM.

Comment

The Jacks have a three game lead over NDSU and 3 1/2 over Oakland for the last playoff spot with 1 game left with Oakland, 4 with last place IPFW and 4 with number 2 Southern Utah all at home.. In fact they're closer to SUU (2 1/2 games back) then to NDSU or Oakland.

Comment

The good guys complete the sweep of the grizzlies with an 8-5 win.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                      The good guys complete the sweep of the grizzlies with an 8-5 win.

Nice second half of the season for Jacks so far - have won 13 of last 17. They were 5-21 at one point, but now 18-25, 11-8 in Summit. Don't let up and they will make league playoffs, no small feat.

Comment

Working...
                      X