Georgia Southern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Georgia Southern

This is a little bit out there, but there was some bantor in the past couple of years about SDSU/Georgia Southern marching bands squaring off in addition to the football contest. I personally think this would be great.

Is there any possibility that Georgia Southern will be bringing their marching band in September?
    The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Re: Georgia Southern

Not sure if Georgia Southern is going to bring their band, but that would be awesome. It's games like this that made me really excited about SDSU playing at the DI level many years back, and I hope we continue to schedule these guys on a regular basis.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

It would probably cost over 100 grand to get a band here (plane, hotel, meals). Not sure colleges are in a position right now to throw that kind of money around.

Comment

The UC Davis Band-uh made a bus trip here a few years back... at least a few of them did, and their pregame show was awesome (they played Journey's "Separate Ways" complete with choreography from the music video and prefaced with "we're not sure how long it takes for popular music to get to Brookings".) They were great. I wish we'd play Davis again just so I could see their band.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Cal Poly's band was late for the SDSU/Poly football game at Howard Wood in Sioux Falls a few years ago. Felt bad they made the long bus trip and got there late.

Comment

That was also the UC Davis Band-Uh that was late at Howard Wood
            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
            -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
              The UC Davis Band-uh made a bus trip here a few years back... at least a few of them did, and their pregame show was awesome (they played Journey's "Separate Ways" complete with choreography from the music video and prefaced with "we're not sure how long it takes for popular music to get to Brookings".) They were great. I wish we'd play Davis again just so I could see their band.
              Wasn't that for the Hobo Day game in 2006?

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
                Correct and they were a good group. Stayed at the Sheraton with the UC Davis team, band and parents and we all had a great time. Game was great, Jacks pulled it out preventing a 2-point conversion at the end. It was a beautiful day and the attendance was pitiful. I have no desire to bring a game back to Sioux Falls.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
                  But they rode a bus all the way from Davis to be there. Apparently a very dedicated bunch of kids who don't demand diva treatment.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Amen JJ, Amen.
                    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
                    X