Jim Booher to retire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Booher to retire

Dr. Jim Booher, Professor in the Health, Physical Education and Recreation Department and Head Athletic Trainer, is retiring effective June 21, following a distinguished 42 years at State.

Dr. Booher has a national reputation; is the author of respected textbooks on athletic training; and, with his wife, has endowed a scholarship for athletic training students. Supporters hold him in the highest regard and have endowed a second athletic training scholarship in his name. As busy as he was, he got to know many of the students (not just athletes) at SDSU.

From the official SDSU site: Booher received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology from Nebraska Wesleyan University in 1965 and received his Rehabilitation Physical Therapy degree at Mayo Clinic in 1967. He received his Master of Science degree in the Health, Physical Education and Recreation department from SDSU in 1969 and his doctoral degree in Health Science from University of Utah in 1976. Dr. Booher is a faculty advisor to HPER students, teaches coursework in the Athletic Training programs and provides support in the graduate program in HPER.

Re: Jim Booher to retire

I and the Mrs. were honored to attend Boo's retirement party last weekend. It was a great time and there were dozens of his former students, including my better half.

They had all his textbooks out - even one translated into Japanese.

Given the material, I have to say even the English textbooks looked like it was in a different language to me. The pictures were beyond belief too.

Comment

Re: Jim Booher to retire

Conratulations to Dr. Booher on a job well done and hoping he enjoys his retirement. It is well deserved.

Comment

Working...
      X