Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JaRon draft story in Argus...

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...NTPAGECAROUSEL

Nice story about JaRon (and his dad) and the prospect of JaRon being drafted. I wish him the best. I have had a lot of fun getting to know his parents the past few years. His mom (Hi, Mom!) is especially a hoot.
    Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Re: JaRon draft story in Argus...

Very well done. Saw JaRon at the spring game today. Learned he is also newly married. Congrats to him and his family. Hopefully things go well tomorrow. I know I'll be watching and cheering
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Well, we are coming up on Green Bay's final pick in the draft. Could this be the place for JaRon?

Guess not, Still have some picks coming from Indy (236) and Chicago (246, 251)
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Probably down to two last picks for Jaron. Chicago at #42 of round 7 and Detroit at #46. It will actually be better to sign as a FA, but it's always nice to say you were drafted by an NFL team.

Comment

Doesn't look like its going to happen. Now JaRon just has to make a smart choice with a team and work his way through a camp as a free agent.
          -Leo Rosten

Comment

It's official!! JaRon to the Packers!

Comment

GOD DANG PACKERS!!!

Kole Heck , Joe Lard and now Jaron????

ARGH.... 3 good guys and my HATED RIVAL *vikings season ticket holder*

THIS SUCKS!! but congrats.

Comment

So what your saying is that Heckendorf and Harris were both signed by the Packers as free agents?
                -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
                  So what your saying is that Heckendorf and Harris were both signed by the Packers as free agents?
                  Yes to JaRon being signed as a free agent and yes to Heckendorf signing as a free agent.

Comment

Early story on KELO TV news at 10:00 was on JaRon...with more to come during the sports segment. They reported JaRon fielded calls from several teams but went with the Packers, his favorite team and a team which is his best chance for making the roster.

Comment

Congrats to JaRon! That's an awesome accomplishment. Best of luck to him in the future. Great exposure for the Jacks, also. As a fellow Warrior and now Jackrabbit, I am very proud to see an SD kid following his dream of playing in the NFL and with the Packers.

Comment

its still the dam packers.

and now joe lardinos got an invite there too!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERFAN View Post
                          Congrats to JaRon! That's an awesome accomplishment. Best of luck to him in the future. Great exposure for the Jacks, also. As a fellow Warrior and now Jackrabbit, I am very proud to see an SD kid following his dream of playing in the NFL and with the Packers.
                          I hope this isn't misinterpreted ... but as a life-long Vikings fan, there is a certain amount of pain in seeing JaRon going to the (gulp) Packers. Maybe it's just the thought of him tearing up our secondary!

But ... as a fellow Warrior and Jackrabbit alum, I'm also very proud of JaRon's accomplishments. Not many players get a chance to see their dream of playing in the NFL come true, let alone with the team they grew up cheering for! That's very cool! My sincerest congratulations to JaRon and his family and best wishes as he begins his pro career!

And yes, I do remember the year Ron Harris was in Vikings training camp!
                          Last edited by AnimalHouse83; 04-29-2009, 05:54 PM.
                          "You trusted us"

Comment

Working...
                          X