Spring Game Depth Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Game Depth Chart

Long time reader of the site, decided to join the fun. Should be a good game today!

Here is the Spring Depth Chart as defined by the coaches:
    Offense
    QB – Ryan Crawford/Lee Mondol, Thomas O'Brien/MikeWhittier
    RB – Kyle Minett (Injured), Tyler Duffy (will not play), Jordan Paula, Adam Monke, Dominique Clare (Injured), Tyrel Kool, D.J. Eversley
    WR (W-Back) – Saunders Montague, Matt Hylland, Brad Iverson
    WR (X-Back) – Glen Fox (Injured), Brandon Gant (Injured), Teddy Shonka (Injured), Craig Jewell
    WR (Z-Back) – Mike Steffen, Justin Mitchell, Aaron Rollin, Dan Schmidt (Injured), Casey Cuppy
    TE 1 – Colin Cochart, Sam Kavanagh (Injured), Seth Daughters
    TE 2 – Alex Beyer (Injured), Kyle Sheehan
    LT – Casey Knips, Tyler Luethje (Injured)
    LG – Woody Orne, Jacob Ludemann, Alex Olinger
    C – Ryan McKnight, Will Castle
    RG – Nate Koskovich, Zach Buchner, Nic Auringer
    RT – Casey Bender, Jon Fick

Defense
    DE – Tony Thompson (Injured)/Jake Steffen, Eric Wood, Mao Lefiti
    DT – Steven Bazata, Andy Mink
    NT – Brian Fischer/Ross Basham, Josiah Fitzsimmons
    DE – Danny Batten, Jared Crumly, Jesse Ekern
    LB (Will) – Jimmy Rogers/Isaiah Jackson, Dirk Kool, Ross Shafrath
    LB (Mike) – Chris Johnson, Mike Lien, Lynn Mallory/Kyle VanVoorst
    LB (Sam) – Derek Domino/Jimmy Rogers, Erich Feller, Chris Tracy, Tyrel Entz
    LCB – General Parnell, Julian Wagner
    SS – Conrad Kjerstad, Joe Blackman, Jordan Miranda/Skyler Luxa, Cory Greenway
    FS – Anthony Wise/Corey Jeske, Bo Helm, Brett Tigges
    RCB – Cole Brodie/Rodkem Matthews

Special Teams
    PK – Peter Reifenrath
    KO – Kyle Harris
    P – Dean Priddy
    LS – Jordan Miranda
    Holder – Glen Fox (Injured), Mike Steffen
    PR – Cole Brodie
    KOR – Cole Brodie, Brandon Gant (Injured), Adam Monke

Re: Spring Game Depth Chart

Welcome aboard. Penny for anybody's thought on Crawford at the top of the QB depth chart. I am not in the loop nor have I seen any practices. He must look good coming back from injury, but I can't help by be somewhat concerned by the prospect of a one-year QB starter...unless, of course, he's above and beyond everybody else. He could be, I don't know. Thoughts?
    Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Knowing Stig Crawford will have every opportunity to be the starter. I thought all of them did good and bad things today. Its going to come down to the last week of fall camp before anything is finalized as who starts on opening day.
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Starting just because you paid your dues is alright, but I would rather have someone who can execute and run things start. If Crawford can do it and be effective than let him do it, If his last season injury is going to limit him especially downfield and the running game is great and passing is second than let him. But if someone else learns the system over the summer and is better qualified than go for them or him as the case may be.

Comment

No doubt Jeff. I guess its better to qualify that there has to be some pretty decent seperation between Crawford and anyone else before that person is going to start. Its basically Ryan's job to lose.
          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
          -Leo Rosten

Comment

QB is interesting to me.... I know coaches love to give it to that guy who has stuck it out but if O'Brian has that good of an arm and can make the team better I think he has to play....

Tyrel Kool will be interesting to see how they use him, I wonder if they will go with 2 back sets with him and Minnet.... Kool is more talented then the others but I think he would be better suited as a complement then as the RB every 3/4th set..... He could set up in the slot, could go 2 back sets and so on....

WR's seem to be very talented but also seem to have a tendency to drop balls and fumble.... could just be trying to impress coaches and trying a little too hard....

I saw Keloland's highlight film and O'Brian had by far the strongest arm from what they showed.... Crawford's 2 throws they showed looked weak and either Whittiers and/or Mondol's throws looked alright.....
            Last edited by joeboo22; 04-25-2009, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Interesting. I know I have a different school of thought compared to many. But, for example, if Crawford and O'Brien (or whomever) were a draw, I say the younger guy with more time to grow, etc. gets the job every time at this level. In high school, the opposite would be true for me: Reward the senior. But, as that loud coach from Oklahoma State said a couple of years ago, "This is Division I football!" Although I would say it much calmer than he did. : )

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
              QB is interesting to me.... I know coaches love to give it to that guy who has stuck it out but if O'Brian has that good of an arm and can make the team better I think he has to play....

T
              Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                But, as that loud coach from Oklahoma State said a couple of years ago, "This is Division I football!"
                He also said "I'm 40 years old!" in a way that made him sound like a four-year-old.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
                  Long time reader of the site, decided to join the fun. Should be a good game today!

Here is the Spring Depth Chart as defined by the coaches:
                  Offense
                  QB – Ryan Crawford/Lee Mondol, Thomas O'Brien/MikeWhittier
                  RB – Kyle Minett (Injured), Tyler Duffy (will not play), Jordan Paula, Adam Monke, Dominique Clare (Injured), Tyrel Kool, D.J. Eversley
                  WR (W-Back) – Saunders Montague, Matt Hylland, Brad Iverson
                  WR (X-Back) – Glen Fox (Injured), Brandon Gant (Injured), Teddy Shonka (Injured), Craig Jewell
                  WR (Z-Back) – Mike Steffen, Justin Mitchell, Aaron Rollin, Dan Schmidt (Injured), Casey Cuppy
                  TE 1 – Colin Cochart, Sam Kavanagh (Injured), Seth Daughters
                  TE 2 – Alex Beyer (Injured), Kyle Sheehan
                  LT – Casey Knips, Tyler Luethje (Injured)
                  LG – Woody Orne, Jacob Ludemann, Alex Olinger
                  C – Ryan McKnight, Will Castle
                  RG – Nate Koskovich, Zach Buchner, Nic Auringer
                  RT – Casey Bender, Jon Fick

Defense
                  DE – Tony Thompson (Injured)/Jake Steffen, Eric Wood, Mao Lefiti
                  DT – Steven Bazata, Andy Mink
                  NT – Brian Fischer/Ross Basham, Josiah Fitzsimmons
                  DE – Danny Batten, Jared Crumly, Jesse Ekern
                  LB (Will) – Jimmy Rogers/Isaiah Jackson, Dirk Kool, Ross ShafrathLB (Mike) – Chris Johnson, Mike Lien, Lynn Mallory/Kyle VanVoorst
                  LB (Sam) – Derek Domino/Jimmy Rogers, Erich Feller, Chris Tracy, Tyrel Entz
                  LCB – General Parnell, Julian Wagner
                  SS – Conrad Kjerstad, Joe Blackman, Jordan Miranda/Skyler Luxa, Cory Greenway
                  FS – Anthony Wise/Corey Jeske, Bo Helm, Brett Tigges
                  RCB – Cole Brodie/Rodkem Matthews

Special Teams
                  PK – Peter Reifenrath
                  KO – Kyle Harris
                  P – Dean Priddy
                  LS – Jordan Miranda
                  Holder – Glen Fox (Injured), Mike Steffen
                  PR – Cole Brodie
                  KOR – Cole Brodie, Brandon Gant (Injured), Adam Monke
                  Does anyone else find it interesting that our leading tackler Jimmy Rogers is not listed as a clear cut starter. He's "slashed" with Isaiah Jackson at Will and Derek Domino at Sam. I'm guessing Jackson has really improved. Nice that we have some depth...

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm View Post
                    Does anyone else find it interesting that our leading tackler Jimmy Rogers is not listed as a clear cut starter. He's "slashed" with Isaiah Jackson at Will and Derek Domino at Sam. I'm guessing Jackson has really improved. Nice that we have some depth...
                    I noticed that right away and questioned it. To me it would make more sense for Isaiah to be slashed behind both Rogers and Domino. It will be very interesting to see how this shakes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm View Post
                      I think if you look at it Jimmy Rogers is the clear cut starter..... at LB you are always running in and out, and he's 1 on the 1 side and 2 on the other meaning he will get the majority of the time on the field.....

Comment

I agree with Joeboo. The coaches are going to put Jimmy wherever they can take full advantage of his skills
                        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Isaiah will sub in and out a ton as well because he's really just as good as the three starters. We have a really solid LB rotation and from the sounds of it some good young play makers.

Comment

Working...
                          X