Storm gets slammed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storm gets slammed

The Argus reports the Sioux Falls Storm just received some severe penalties from the IFL for infractions relating to workman's comp. Among the penalties.

1) A 10-thousand dollar fine
    2) Forfeiture of the team's five wins
    3) Reduction of the team's roster from 21-20 players
    4) Unable to host a first-round playoff game.

What's amazing is these penalties were not handed down from some front office or commissioner, but rather voted on by the rest of the owners.

My question to you... appropriate punishment? Or teams jealous of the Storm's success getting in their licks?
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Re: Storm gets slammed

Well that is one way to try and keep the Storm out of the playoffs. This type of sanctions is complete BS. The front office should be punished, not the players and coaches who are doing all the work for what was a 6-0 record. If you want to punish then team then prohibit then from hosting playoff games, but don't make them forfiet 5 games the coaches and players had nothing to do with. There must be some severe bias against the Storm due to their success the past 5+ years. It would be very unfortunate it they miss the playoffs because of these BS sanctions. I hope they get into the playoffs and beat the snot out of every team, especially the teams whose owners voted for this punishment. They may now officially be 1-5, but they still are the best team in the IFL. I hope they use this as some severe motivation to lay the wood to every team out there the rest of the way.

Comment

I'm all for holding teams accountable for their actions, but this just smacks of pettiness and vindictiveness. I would not be surprised if the Storm pulls out of the IFL for another league because of this.
      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I hope they do as well if this is the way the IFL is going to be run. Get the new facility that seats more and move up a league as soon as they can. In the mean time, continue to dominate this league. They got jobbed on this one. It would be a travesty if they go "undefeated" in the league and not make the playoffs due this BS.

Comment

Working...
        X