The Royals' Zack Grenke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Royals' Zack Grenke

Is now 4-0, with 2 complete games, and a 0.00 ERA.

The kid's good.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: The Royals' Zack Grenke

Yep. An unbelievable start. It will be interesting to see how long he keeps it up.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      Is now 4-0, with 2 complete games, and a 0.00 ERA.

The kid's good.
      Have you seen him throw yet Filbert? I am going to have to go check him out after finals are over.
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
        Have you seen him throw yet Filbert? I am going to have to go check him out after finals are over.
        not yet this year.

They're saying on KC radio that this is the first time in major league history that a starting pitcher has won his first four starts and had a zero ERA.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

That is because he gave his to Chin Meng Wah. (I am sure I misspelled his name).

I heard that if Wah pitches 8 scoreless innings in every scheduled start until the All Star break, his ERA would still be above his career avg which is in the mid 3's.

Talk about polar opposite starts.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Considering that just a couple of years ago he left the team and thought he was done with baseball, it's pretty amazing.
            @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
            --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

I play in a 14 team fantasy league that costs $25 bucks to enter and Grenke got taken right before I was going to. I was pretty mad, but now it's even worse. My pitching sucks so far in that league.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

He's got a heck of a curve. It's one of those that starts about the shoulders and drops down to you knees. Very good pitcher who will end up on the Yankees in a couple of years (booooo). There were a lot of teams wanting to trade for him last year but the Royals wouldn't give him up (good call). If they can ever get their offense built back up to the George Brett years, their young pitchers could have a chance.
                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                  I play in a 14 team fantasy league that costs $25 bucks to enter and Grenke got taken right before I was going to. I was pretty mad, but now it's even worse. My pitching sucks so far in that league.
                  I know how your feel. The guy I was facing off had him and another guy that also did a complete game along with Lipsicomb. Needless to say I am now losing bad. Not a chance og me winning this week. Probably won't win any week this year. Future doesn't look bright either since this is a keeper league and I was an expansion team that is now in a 20 team league. Pitching is a premium and I pretty much don't have any.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                    I know how your feel. The guy I was facing off had him and another guy that also did a complete game along with Lipsicomb. Needless to say I am now losing bad. Not a chance og me winning this week. Probably won't win any week this year. Future doesn't look bright either since this is a keeper league and I was an expansion team that is now in a 20 team league. Pitching is a premium and I pretty much don't have any.
                    Getting off topic, who do you have? Try trading your studs to a contender later in the year for younger guys with potential. That's what I'd do anyways.

I'm in a Roto league and I'm getting killed in ERA in K's. I figured I'd be fine with Liriano and Hamels, but both have been the suck.

Fantasy baseball thread anyone?
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Loshe and Dempster are my aces. Lets just say I had to pick up Pavano to try and improve my roster. My best bet is trying to build up a team with prospects that are still in the minors. I have some young guys in Span, Mauer, and Uggla sprinkled in with some aging veterans like Delgato, Rolen, and Griffey. Rest are pretty much role players. This is a really deep Yahoo Plus League that is customized for points and to strongly favor starting pitching. 20 teams postions of C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, IF, LF, CF, RF, OF UTIL, 4 SP, 3 RP, 2 P and 5 Bench. Talent is spread thin and the ones who were in when the league started have stock piled the most talent. As an expansion team, there was very little in the talent pool to choose from to field a competitive team. So picking up top minor league talent is a must for the future. I'll just say there is one team in there who should go undefeated and and win the championship as he has stockpiled the most talent. His roster looks like belongs in a 6 team league where no one showed up to the draft.

Comment

Working...
                      X