Avera Health and Science Center at SDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avera Health and Science Center at SDSU

There will be a celebration on April 30th in recognition of the partnership between Avera and SDSU at the science center building site with a reception to follow at the barn. I hope I can make it up to Brookings that afternoon.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Avera Health and Science Center at SDSU

Expect the partnership between the two to grow! Especially with OI being such a big part of the Athletic Dept.
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
      Expect the partnership between the two to grow! Especially with OI being such a big part of the Athletic Dept.
      Just to clarify, OI is an independent physician owned specialty group practice. Their main clinic is located near the Avera McKennan campus but they are not owned by or exclusive to Avera and that is a good thing. I think its important to understand that distinction.

http://www.ortho-i.com/about_us

There are plenty of doctors, like my partners and I, in this state and area not owned by Sanford or Avera, it just seems like a lot of them are. Its a little frustrating when people assume that one or the other has to have a hand in your practice.

The partnership with Avera will likely continue to grow but it won't be directly related to OI, they aren't Avera and agian, that is a good thing.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

I guess I even knew that but just always associate them. Thanks for the clarification Doc
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
          I guess I even knew that but just always associate them. Thanks for the clarification Doc
          Its a common thing. I don't think its necessarily harmful to associate an independent physician or group practice with one or the other but it can be. I am definitely happy that both OI and Avera sponsor Jackrabbit athletics and support SDSU.

Comment

Working...
          X