• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lotzer to SDSU

Looks like Lotzer will walk on(bottom of article):

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...25/1002/SPORTS

This heats up the QB race a little...
    “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Re: Lotzer to SDSU

And he didn't cost us a scholarship -- a walk on from our Gatorade Player of the Year here in SD. Nice pickup by the team.

Comment

Originally posted by rcjacks View Post
      And he didn't cost us a scholarship -- a walk on from our Gatorade Player of the Year here in SD. Nice pickup by the team.
      I don't know for sure, but I would guess he had some D2 scholarship offers. It says something about his character that he has the confidence to walk on to a D1 team, instead of take the scholarship at the D2 level. He has great statistics and definetly has the right size to be a quality quaterback, or maybe he becomes a wide reciever.
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
        I don't know for sure, but I would guess he had some D2 scholarship offers. It says something about his character that he has the confidence to walk on to a D1 team, instead of take the scholarship at the D2 level. He has great statistics and definetly has the right size to be a quality quaterback, or maybe he becomes a wide reciever.
        I would also think he had D2 offers. Like I said, great pickup for our boys.

Comment

Lotzer walking on has the potential for a great success story. The kid has real skills and obviously wants to give a try at the DI level -- I like his moxie.
          Last edited by JackJD; 04-18-2009, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
            I talked to some friends up in Sisseton a month or two back. He had plenty of interest from FBS and FCS schools prior to his injury. After that, things cooled off. Sounds like his thumb isn't a problem at all. They thought he would end up at a smaller school (DSU was mentioned) where he could play football and basketball and be a star with both. I'm glad he ended up at State. He'll earn himself a schlorship in no time at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Gameday View Post
              Looks like Lotzer will walk on(bottom of article):

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...25/1002/SPORTS

This heats up the QB race a little...
              The QB race is already "hot." I don't know anything about Lotzer, but we have some fine QBs on the team right now. Best of luck to him wherever he plays at SDSU.

Comment

do you think he will play QB? I'm sure with all intentions he will be a QB at the start but looking at him he looks like he could be a pretty good WR some day.....

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                  do you think he will play QB? I'm sure with all intentions he will be a QB at the start but looking at him he looks like he could be a pretty good WR some day.....
                  I hope he red-shirts this first year. Looking at this year's QB recruits, he has a LOT of freshman/soph competition to play QB. But with his size, I can see him as a receiver real quickly.

Comment

Great news. Strong recruit. With his high school accomplishments and size, I suspect Lotzer will be a contender for QB in a year or two, redshirt year or not. It wasn't too many months ago that some SDSU fans (me included) thought he might be the future quarterback of either the Jacks or the Bison, and we were hoping it wouldn't be for the Bison.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

I wonder if this will put out any chance of getting that kid from Brandon. Would he want to come to SDSU with all of these QB's?
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                        I wonder if this will put out any chance of getting that kid from Brandon. Would he want to come to SDSU with all of these QB's?
                        I think there'll be one more QB transferring in for the fall as well. Probably a couple of these guys are going to end up playing another position.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Where would this QB be from JimmyJack? Duke? Are we getting Paulus?

Comment

I've heard rumblings about Nate Tice but I wouldn't call it solld info so take it for what it's worth.

Comment

I'd be surprised if Tice would actually be considering us unless he is unaware of how many solid QB prospects we have currently competing for the job (being in spring camp gives them an edge as well). If he was smart he would consider NDSU, as they might be down to 2 QBs by then end of spring camp that aren't true freshman, and the starter didn't do much to solidify his position last year... though I hear he might have competition from Steve Threet up in Fargo
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                              X