Boo Summit League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boo Summit League

I know this is sour grapes. I'm disappointed today with the Summit League. SDSU laid the groundwork for USD and now they're in. I just remember USD's billboard on I-29 immediatly following SDSU's move to D1 proclaiming USD as "South Dakota's Team". Will they still be SD's team now that they're D1 and Summit League members? I prefer the rivalry with NDSU and will not attend an SDSU/USD game unless it's in the conference tournament. So everyone who was missing the SDSU/USD games congrats, but this guy will not be attending. Not interested!

Re: Boo Summit League

SIGN IT BRO!!!!

THIS IS A JOKE!!

the last 5-6 years of MARKETING/EXPOSURE advantage that NDSU/SDSU has had is POOF, gone in one day and one decision.

it makes ZERO sense!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lakesbison View Post
      the last 5-6 years of MARKETING/EXPOSURE advantage that NDSU/SDSU has had is POOF, gone in one day and one decision.

marketing and exposure advantage??????????

Right,right,right,right, I get you. I totally understand what you're saying.

Except for the part about a 'marketing and exposure advantage.'

Seeings how just about as many people in South Dakota know about SDSU NOW as knew about it 7 years ago.

Maybe the D-1 move brought new 'exposure' to NDSU up in North Dakota, but it sure didn't move the meter down here.

Comment

guys i'm with you a 100% but did my name have to get into the title?

jk.... I agree I think that the Summit League acted way too soon on this....

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
          I know this is sour grapes. I'm disappointed today with the Summit League. SDSU laid the groundwork for USD and now they're in. I just remember USD's billboard on I-29 immediatly following SDSU's move to D1 proclaiming USD as "South Dakota's Team". Will they still be SD's team now that they're D1 and Summit League members? I prefer the rivalry with NDSU and will not attend an SDSU/USD game unless it's in the conference tournament. So everyone who was missing the SDSU/USD games congrats, but this guy will not be attending. Not interested!
          *sniffle*

/wipes away tears
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post

Seeings how just about as many people in South Dakota know about SDSU NOW as knew about it 7 years ago.

Maybe the D-1 move brought new 'exposure' to NDSU up in North Dakota, but it sure didn't move the meter down here.
            ND/SD exposure may not have increased all that much. I know there was never a mention of NDSU on sports talk radio out of Minneapolis before the move to DI, and there was quite a bit this year, at least in comparison. FB and bball games attendance have exploded since the move so there must have been more exposure somewhere. Very, very few people care about D2 athletics.

Comment

I don't agree with the decision but its been made. I'll support the Jacks regardless of who or where they play. The addition of USD to the Summit League may or may not be in the best interest of the league itself, the presidents obviously believe their addition is in the best interest. I'll just have to accept that. Time will surely tell.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
                ND/SD exposure may not have increased all that much. I know there was never a mention of NDSU on sports talk radio out of Minneapolis before the move to DI, and there was quite a bit this year, at least in comparison. FB and bball games attendance have exploded since the move so there must have been more exposure somewhere. Very, very few people care about D2 athletics.
                BBall hasn't really exploded at NDSU,

Also, NDSU got attention in the cities for the same reason SDSU got attention outside of SD.

They fielded quality product.

It wasn't because they were D-1, it was because they were -good- D-1.

Ergo, saying "USD is making horsies on all we did" is just silly. USD won't vie for national recognition simply by virtue of their D-1 status.

They'll have to earn their recognition same as SDSU & NDSU.

Comment

They never were "South Dakota's" team. That's just them puffing their chest out making themselves feel better. If that makes them happy, good for them.
                  I think most people knew that USD and UND(when they change their nickname) were going to be in the league. Look at the stability, travel, fan support(They won't have tons but more than most teams) and they were going to get in. I don't care either way. If they build a new arena, I might go watch a game. Other than that, I could care less.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post

I don't agree with how many people know about SDSU now compared to 7 years ago. There may be the same number of fans at the games but the Tourney in S.F. and the NCAA Tourney games on T.V. had several fans see them play that hadn't before. Even the NDSU football game that was on T.V. had several fans watch that would never go to SDSU to see a game.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                      I don't agree with how many people know about SDSU now compared to 7 years ago. There may be the same number of fans at the games but the Tourney in S.F. and the NCAA Tourney games on T.V. had several fans see them play that hadn't before. Even the NDSU football game that was on T.V. had several fans watch that would never go to SDSU to see a game.
                      And if I remember correctly, we have set a record for attendance every year in football. Might have missed one year.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

The Summit League sucks!

We were the first school ever to jump D-1. Everyone copied us!

Go State!!
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                          And if I remember correctly, we have set a record for attendance every year in football. Might have missed one year.
                          Exactly, and I don't see how USD being in the Summit changes that.

It's not as though people will -stop- coming to quality SDSU events just because USD is D-1....

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                            The Summit League sucks!

We were the first school ever to jump D-1. Everyone copied us!

Go State!!
                            Not a smack thread.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post

Count me as one fan that couldn't care less about SDSU athletics 7 years ago.
                              Granted, I'm not an alum of SDSU, but I had at least 10 close friends playing Jackrabbit football at that time.

Sorry, it was D-II...I just didn't care...and they know that. By no means does that diminish their athletic abilities or what they gave to SDSU(MJA will give me a firm beating the next time we meet), but as far as Zooropa "assuming" no more people in SD care about SDSU athletics than they did 7 year ago is simply "not true". Just look at the average Football attendence numbers for FB for the past 4 years vs. before the move.

Go Jacks!!
                              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Working...
                              X