X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackrabbit sign setter

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=3715532

Jackrabbit volleyball inks a setter

South Dakota State volleyball added setter Thyele Rechatiko (pronounced Cheh-Elee – Rah-cha-tee-co) to the roster when she signed a National Letter of Intent this week, indicating her plans to enroll at South Dakota State University next fall and participate in the Jackrabbit volleyball program.

“We proudly welcome Thyele Rechatiko to the Jackrabbit family here at South Dakota State University,” said SDSU head volleyball coach Nana Allison-Brewer. “This young lady is a phenomenal athlete! She possesses a drive and competitive spirit that caught my eye right away. Not only does she set an incredible ball, but Thyele is willing to step up to the service line during game point (for or against) and serve a fast and heavy jump serve. I truly enjoy her energy and feel her skill set gives us the depth we need in the setting position for the fall 2009 season. We are excited to have this caliber of an athlete join our program and believe her experience at the National Junior College Championships will assist us to a conference championship.” . . . (read more)

Go State!

Re: Jackrabbit sign setter

Brazil puts out a lot of good volleyball players and many found their way to South Dakota in the past. NAU in Rapid City was a perennial national power in NAIA volleyball and had many players from Brazil on their teams. They dropped all sports a year or two ago. I wonder if that had anything to do with the connection. Probably not.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
      Brazil puts out a lot of good volleyball players and many found their way to South Dakota in the past. NAU in Rapid City was a perennial national power in NAIA volleyball and had many players from Brazil on their teams. They dropped all sports a year or two ago. I wonder if that had anything to do with the connection. Probably not.
      For profit schools like NAU, have to make it work or they are out of business. I found that out at Keller Graduate Business School in Chicago. Everything was bare bones, did not have a student union, only a table and a few chairs and a vending machine. But most of the students were all non traditional so their athletic bodies had probably went down hill and were not likely to use up any remaining eligibilty. So no thought at all to athletics. One other for profit I attended was Woodbury College in Los Angeles. They had a soccer team because they had a great international student representation, but that was in the early 1970's, and I would not be surprised to find out that the sport is gone.

My guess is NAU had cost issues that forced the dropping of sports. There are more and more on line schools and what have you, so they have competition like never before.

To get back on topic, this young lady appears to be the real deal and away we go.

Comment

??? you going to be like UND and start signing non-americans to compete???

cmon guys!!

*im half joking*

Comment

Lakes: our next signee will be another setter, from Ireland. Red-head of course.

Comment

ohhhh Kilien's Irish Red! ill cheer for her!

Comment

Irish Setter.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                Irish Setter.
                "If you have to explain the joke . . ."

<chortle>
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment