2010 Recruiting Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Recruiting Class

It's never too early for some football, and next season is just around the corner.

According to www.wissports.net, the following Wisconsin recruits are receiving interest from SDSU

FB Nic Grant 6'2", 220
    OL Brad Kaatz 6'4, 265
    OL Trevor Houser 6-4, 275

http://www.wissports.net/sports/foot...113&id=1018793
    http://www.wissports.net/sports/foot...113&id=1019516
    http://www.wissports.net/sports/foot...113&id=1019799

Re: 2010 Recruting Class

Wissports.net released their 2010 top 40 rankings for Wisconsin.

http://www.wissports.net/sports/football/playerrank.asp

SDSU is listed as recruiting the following:

16. OL Sam Cunninham - 6'5 300
    17. DB Michael Trotter - 6'0 200
    18. LB Marcus Trotter - 6'1 220
    20. DB Colten Heagle - 6'0 180
    26. OL Evan Rosa - 6'3 288
    31. TE/DE/P Austin Pucylowski - 6'4 225
    39. TE/DE Charlie Koehler - 6'4 236

Comment

Anyone know the SD Fb players that will be getting looked at this fall?

Comment

Top 2 skill guys have got to be BV QB and the Aberdeen QB....IMO
        Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
        Muhammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by rational thought View Post
          Top 2 skill guys have got to be BV QB and the Aberdeen QB....IMO
          I agree. I know there have been looks at the BV QB, but I am sure there have been a lot of schools in that situation.

Comment

Tom Farniok a 6'4 245 lb lineman out of Sioux Falls Washington is getting DI looks. Has a younger brother (Derek)who is just a junior who goes 6'8 280.

Comment

Article on Austin Sumner of Brandon Valley who is certainly one of the top recruits in the Class of 2010.

http://www.brandoninfo.com/article/2.../90616005/1001

Comment

Kind of funny....I saw Farnioks mom tonight....as well as a current SDSU player, both at the same place. I have known the Farnioks (Reeves) family most of my life and they are very good people. I think Tom will be one of the top 3 recruits next year in state.

Nelson called him the best O-lineman he's ever coached. Doesn't that include Ryan Schuler (committed to Oklahoma before opting out and signing w/ Nebraska and finished his career at USF last year)?

Comment

On a side note, how good was USF's o-line last year? All over 300 lbs I believe and they had one guy who was a former Cornhusker (Schuler) and Shawn Flannagan (6'7/315) who started half of a season at Oregon.

Comment

Ryan Schuler was a physical specimen, that's all. He was a classic example of "you can coach someone to play football, you can't coach them to be 6'6'' 280 with low body fat".

Comment

I know I'll probably get blasted for staying off topic but just curious, did Ryan Schuler ever play a down of college football? I know he didn't play at all at USF last year.

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
                      On a side note, how good was USF's o-line last year? All over 300 lbs I believe and they had one guy who was a former Cornhusker (Schuler) and Shawn Flannagan (6'7/315) who started half of a season at Oregon.

Comment

I guess I don't know. His situation at Nebraska was curious. Then he went to Northern Iowa, right? Then ended up at USF.

I don't know the guy at all, but kind of sad. I never had a good feeling about him to be honest. One high school coach I know didn't speak too highly of his work ethic in high school. At the time I thought it was just sour grapes from a rival coach, but it now appears he was spot on.

Oh well, at least he got (most of) his education paid for.

Comment

Just curious where did Schuler go to High School? During my work in Nebraska, one of the rural telephone companies had a guy who started at Colorado State, then Northen Colo and ended up at Dana, in Blair Nebraska. He was big and a good guy, but very undisicplined. It happens often. Some guys never have the maturity to take advantage of their talent.

Comment

Sioux Falls Washington.

Comment

A bit of thread drift here, but I'll chime in. Ryan was a year younger than me and I played against him in Junior High and Varsity. He went to Milbank High School until either his Junior or Senior year when he transfered to Sioux Falls.
                              The kid was huge and seemed to be the same size when he was a senior as he was in eighth grade so you can imagine how intimidating going up against him was when me and my teammates where 5'8 100 lbs as eigth graders.

As far as his ability, I just don't think he had that mean streak people talk about. He was more of a gentle giant and wasn't overly aggressive. Probably because growing up he was over twice everyone's size and probably just had to make sure he wasn't going to hurt anyone. He must have been 6'6 when he was in eighth grade playing against kids like me who hadn't hit puberty yet and where 5'9 100 lbs.
                              I think he had some health problems that held him back as well. I believe he had bad asthma and than later in college had some sort of problem with legs and blood clots or something. Kind of sounds like the Anthony Davis situation.

Any who, kind of a lengthy post but hearing his name brought back memories of how intimidating he looked as a youngster, and how none of us believed he could have been our age. I have a fond memory of guarding him in basketball as well, he caught a pass on the low block and I was help side D and he just turned around and jammed it over top of me and did some chin-ups on the rim. Completely posterized.

Comment

Working...
                              X