Filbert is officially doubtful for the Women's Final Four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filbert is officially doubtful for the Women's Final Four

Last night, getting things together for the trip to St. Louis I managed to miss the lowest step of the stairs and hurt my left ankle--the one that already was undergoing some physical therapy for a bone spur and a tight Achilles tendon.

Iced it, went to bed, got up, hobbled to the train station (yes, took the train to St. Louis), got to the hotel, got the shoe off, saw something I really didn't like, got on the Internet and sure enough if you google "Achilles rupture picture" you'll see something that looks a lot like what my left heel now looks like.

So I'll be headed back home on the train tomorrow (fortunately, KC to SL is only like $25 via Amtrak) for the dreaded "evaluation by the orthopedic surgeon" that is if I can get in on a Friday afternoon.

So I'm officially doubtful for being on hand to watch the Women's Final Four.

Grr.

The good news is of course that with my rotator cuff surgery last week, my health insurance deductable is met for 2009.

I've had the thought that my body's warranty must have run out some time last year.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Filbert is officially doubtful for the Women's Final Four

Dang man, at least I kept all my surgeries in the lower half of my body. If you can't lift your arm and you can't use your legs, your better half is going to run your life.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
      Dang man, at least I kept all my surgeries in the lower half of my body. If you can't lift your arm and you can't use your legs, your better half is going to run your life.
      You say that as if it's a bad thing . . .
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Well, when you get a little too cranky and she grabs the pain pills and puts them out of reach, she may not believe that you really are sorry.

And after a while, you realize just how sorry you are.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

filbert! You have to read the warning labels. They're found behind your left ear and on the inside of your right eyelid.

Even if your warranty was still applicable, it's a limited warranty: repair or replacement, God's choice. And, there's the usual exclusion of incidental and consequential damages.

Heal quickly!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            filbert! You have to read the warning labels. They're found behind your left ear and on the inside of your right eyelid.

Even if your warranty was still applicable, it's a limited warranty: repair or replacement, God's choice. And, there's the usual exclusion of incidental and consequential damages.

Heel quickly!
            fixed it for ya JD.

Filbert you must have displayed some serious athletic ability when you missed that step to hold your balance and not drop on your newly repaired shoulder. Maybe all is not lost!
            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
            -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
              fixed it for ya JD.

Filbert you must have displayed some serious athletic ability when you missed that step to hold your balance and not drop on your newly repaired shoulder. Maybe all is not lost!
              Yeah, but I still lost points with the Russian judge on the dismount . . .
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                Last night, getting things together for the trip to St. Louis I managed to miss the lowest step of the stairs and hurt my left ankle--the one that already was undergoing some physical therapy for a bone spur and a tight Achilles tendon.

Iced it, went to bed, got up, hobbled to the train station (yes, took the train to St. Louis), got to the hotel, got the shoe off, saw something I really didn't like, got on the Internet and sure enough if you google "Achilles rupture picture" you'll see something that looks a lot like what my left heel now looks like.

So I'll be headed back home on the train tomorrow (fortunately, KC to SL is only like $25 via Amtrak) for the dreaded "evaluation by the orthopedic surgeon" that is if I can get in on a Friday afternoon.

So I'm officially doubtful for being on hand to watch the Women's Final Four.

Grr.

The good news is of course that with my rotator cuff surgery last week, my health insurance deductable is met for 2009.

I've had the thought that my body's warranty must have run out some time last year.

Filbert, how'd this all turn out? You on the DL?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                  Filbert, how'd this all turn out? You on the DL?
                  Orthopedist put one finger on my left heel and said "well, usually I don't do surgery on Fridays, but you need surgery right away, so I'll schedule you for this Friday."

Oh, goodie!

At least one month of putting no weight at all on my left leg. (And oh, yeah, I can't use crutches because of my rotator cuff surgery two weeks ago.)

This is gonna be *fun*!
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Well, worst case, you'll get a pretty good idea of how much snookums really loves you.
                    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                    -Leo Rosten

Comment

filbert: I sincerely wish you a fast recovery. If you have to have surgery, at least your timing isn't too bad...when youre ready to start normal activities, the weather will be cooperative. Best wishes!

Comment

Well, worst case, you'll get a pretty good idea of how much snookums really loves you.
                        Get back to me in about a month . . .
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                          Orthopedist put one finger on my left heel and said "well, usually I don't do surgery on Fridays, but you need surgery right away, so I'll schedule you for this Friday."

Oh, goodie!

At least one month of putting no weight at all on my left leg. (And oh, yeah, I can't use crutches because of my rotator cuff surgery two weeks ago.)

This is gonna be *fun*!
                          Silver lining I: You'll be recovered in time for FB season.
                          Silver lining II: You'll be bionic man when you come back.
                          Silver lining III: You'll have something far more consequential than Yotes-are-following-us smack to put things in perspective in coming weeks!
                          Good luck and may your painkillers do the trick. If not, whiskey

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                            Silver lining I: You'll be recovered in time for FB season.
                            Silver lining II: You'll be bionic man when you come back.
                            Silver lining III: You'll have something far more consequential than Yotes-are-following-us smack to put things in perspective in coming weeks!
                            Good luck and may your painkillers do the trick. If not, whiskey
                            Or even better, painkillers AND whiskey!

(PSA/disclaimer: No, kids, that's dangerous. You only have one liver. Don't screw it up.)
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Filbert is at home and is doing great. The surgeon said that on a scale of 1 to 10, he got a 9.5. And the surgeon said that he is a hard grader and has never given a 10. Anyway, Filbert had good pieces and parts for the surgeon to work with so everything was good.

By the way, I love him very, very much (even with a bum wing and bum foot)!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X