Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woody AP All-American

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=3704134

Honorable mention, but amazing no doubt.

whoever "jack power" is, he said that is was voted BEFORE the NCAA tournament show that woody put on vs Kansas. if so, thats amazing.

347 D1 teams, so there's 1735 total STARTERS on these teams............... so WOODY is "at least" top 63 outta 1655 players. WOW.. *ill say #50*

Re: Woody AP All-American

Wow, that's awesome, congrats to Ben Woodside!

Hope he gets his chance to play in the NBA!

Comment

Congratulations to Woody, that is a good list of players.

I noticed that Patty Mills from St. Mary's was not on that list. He played on the Australian Olympic team and carried St. Mary's into the Top 25 until he got hurt. I was suprised he did not make the list.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
        Congratulations to Woody, that is a good list of players.

I noticed that Patty Mills from St. Mary's was not on that list. He played on the Australian Olympic team and carried St. Mary's into the Top 25 until he got hurt. I was suprised he did not make the list.
        Patty Mills getting hurt and having to sit out numerous games obviously hurt his chances. He was the only college player to play in the Olympics last year.

Ben Woodside obviously was well deserving of making the honorable mention list.

Comment

Wow! That isn't going to happen that often. Did whats-his-name now playing for the Spurs get that? (sorry I can't for the life of me remember his name now)

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
            Wow! That isn't going to happen that often. Did whats-his-name now playing for the Spurs get that? (sorry I can't for the life of me remember his name now)
            George Hill was his name, and he was also honorable mention.
            Career Highlights: Named Summit League Player of the Year as a redshirt junior. Also earned First Team All-Conference honors and was named an Honorable Mention All-American by the Associated Press. Earned First Team All-Conference honors as a sophomore and was named to the league All-Newcomer Team as a freshman. Currently ranks fourth all-time in school history in scoring with 1,619 career points. Also ranks ninth all-time in rebounds (547), seventh in assists (317), eighth in steals (155), and tenth in three-point field goal percentage (.404).

Comment

Congratulations and best wishes to Ben Woodsides. MVP in the Summit and honorable mention in AP press. If one thing is clear, it shows how much NDSU unlike SDSU is the small fish in a big pond. Woodside is one of the best that I have watched play.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks-02 View Post
                george hill was his name, and he was also honorable mention.
                career highlights: Named summit league player of the year as a redshirt junior. Also earned first team all-conference honors and was named an honorable mention all-american by the associated press. Earned first team all-conference honors as a sophomore and was named to the league all-newcomer team as a freshman. Currently ranks fourth all-time in school history in scoring with 1,619 career points. Also ranks ninth all-time in rebounds (547), seventh in assists (317), eighth in steals (155), and tenth in three-point field goal percentage (.404).
                that's it!

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Here is another note about Woodside. Bill Simmons noted Woodside in his mailbag today. This is what he said...
                  Third, Ben Woodside is the next Mark Price and you can't tell me differently.
                  Now, for those of you that don't know or read the Sports Guy's column he's a pretty big NBA guy. Loves it, Lives it talks about it almost as much as the Red Sox.

The statement was enough to draw some comment from one of the Star-Tribs bloggers (Rand something).
                  "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                  -Leo Rosten

Comment

http://blogs2.startribune.com/blogs/randball/2009/03/31/mid-day-talker-ben-woodsides-nba-potential/?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4OW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUycaEacyU

HEY GUYS!! 9 more positive rep points and Im back above SEA LEVEL!! woo hoo!!

Comment

Woody is playing in Hershey's college all star game. fri 330pm on College Sports Network *on dish for sure*

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...f/Hersheys.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Lakesbison View Post
                        Yeah, and then you go and make an inane post like the one on the upper Iowa thread and you remind us why you don't deserve them.

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
                          Here is another note about Woodside. Bill Simmons noted Woodside in his mailbag today. This is what he said...

Now, for those of you that don't know or read the Sports Guy's column he's a pretty big NBA guy. Loves it, Lives it talks about it almost as much as the Red Sox.

The statement was enough to draw some comment from one of the Star-Tribs bloggers (Rand something).
                          You read the SG? I figured someone else on here did. Saw that comment today too but was too lazy to link it.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Its hard to say you "read" the sports guy these days. It used to be a religion for me but now he hardly ever writes and he definitely has a voice built for writing so I don't listen to the podcasts all that often.
                            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                            -Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
                            X