Coincidence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coincidence?

So, for the first time in 30 plus years Augie plays in the championship game of the North Central Region in DII basketball. For the first time in as long as I can remember their FB team is competitive and near the top of their conference. Does this mean they are ready to move up to DI and compete right away? I seem to remember a lot of people from a different university that recently found relative success at DII making similar comments.

Isn't it amazing how much easier things became at the DII level when you didn't have to play SDSU, NDSU and UNC? Or is it just coincidence?

Doesn't mean the UxD's won't have some success at DI but please admit that much of the relative success at DII can be attributed to the advancement of the previous NCC schools to the DI level. That DII success is of absolutely no relevance as it pertains to expectations at the DI level, no relevance.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Coincidence?

Doc, were you thinking these thoughts over your putts yesterday?

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      Isn't it amazing how much easier things became at the DII level when you didn't have to play SDSU, NDSU and UNC? Or is it just coincidence?
      Isn't it amazing how much easier things are in the Big Sky now that they have to play UNC?

(burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn)

Comment

Augie finished 20-11, sixth in the NSIC. I know the NSIC is good, but how is that at the level that USD and SDSU played at for all of those years?
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
          Augie finished 20-11, sixth in the NSIC. I know the NSIC is good, but how is that at the level that USD and SDSU played at for all of those years?
          Augustana joined the NCC in 1943 and from then until SDSU left in 2004, Augie had 3 seasons in which they won 20 or more games during that 61 year period. After SDSU left, they have had 2 season in the last 5 years in which they won 20 or more games in a season.

SDSU had 17 seasons winning 20 or more games during that same 61 year period.

USD had 11 seasons winning 20 or more games during that same 61 year period and then had 4 season in 4 years that they won 20 or more games after NDSU and SDSU left.

You can check out all of the records from the NCC years here.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
            Augustana joined the NCC in 1943 and from then until SDSU left in 2004, Augie had 3 seasons in which they won 20 or more games during that 61 year period. After SDSU left, they have had 2 season in the last 5 years in which they won 20 or more games in a season.

SDSU had 17 seasons winning 20 or more games during that same 61 year period.

USD had 11 seasons winning 20 or more games during that same 61 year period and then had 4 season in 4 years that they won 20 or more games after NDSU and SDSU left.

You can check out all of the records from the NCC years here.
            Nice manipulation of stats. I mean really, that's pretty good.

I can do it too though.

10 of those 11 20 win seasons in that "61 year period" came after 1991. So from 1991-2004 USD had 10, 20 win seasons. SDSU? 10! So yeah, USD really needed SDSU to leave in order to have those 4 seasons of 20 or more. Even though they did it from 1993-1996.

Augie winning 20 has very little to do with SDSU, USD, UND and NDSU leaving. They won 20+ in the NSIC, which many would argue is tougher than the NCC was. I figured SDSU fans would know that considering they lost to SWMSU ("BUT IT WAS AN EXHIBITION!!1!!!1!" - everyone on this board) and got played tough the whole game by UIU who finished 13th out of 14. I think it has more to do with Augie actually improving.

Thanks for playing NorCal.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I figured SDSU fans would know that considering they lost to SWMSU
              And a 'right back atcha' for stat manipulation....

Northern State beat SMSU, SMSU beat South Dakota State, South Dakota State beat Iowa State, Iowa State beat Baylor, so Northern State is better than Baylor?

Grand Valley State beat Michigan State last year in Michigan State's exhibition season.

It doesn't matter.

Comment

Nice manipulation of stats. I mean really, that's pretty good.

I can do it too though.

10 of those 11 20 win seasons in that "61 year period" came after 1991. So from 1991-2004 USD had 10, 20 win seasons. SDSU? 10! So yeah, USD really needed SDSU to leave in order to have those 4 seasons of 20 or more. Even though they did it from 1993-1996.

Augie winning 20 has very little to do with SDSU, USD, UND and NDSU leaving. They won 20+ in the NSIC, which many would argue is tougher than the NCC was. I figured SDSU fans would know that considering they lost to SWMSU ("BUT IT WAS AN EXHIBITION!!1!!!1!" - everyone on this board) and got played tough the whole game by UIU who finished 13th out of 14.

Thanks for playing NorCal.
                Your welcome, glad to see the inferiority complex you have is still with you.

And remember, don't let the facts get in the way of the truth.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                  It doesn't matter.
                  I thought this was worthy of repetition . . .
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                  X