NDSU FB Players Are Sandbagging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU FB Players Are Sandbagging

Flooding..not so funny, but this headline made me chuckle.

Headline on Fargo Forum Online:

NDSU delays spring football; players sandbagging
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Re: NDSU FB Players Are Sandbagging

www.startribune.com had DJ mcnorton and Shaman *6th year* Washington and the others on front page throughout the morning.

Bohl making them be at Dome by 5 am to sandbag, most did 14-16 hour shifts... congrats and thanks to them.

p.s- ndsu pro day tuesday(10 players) cancelled I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakesbison View Post
      www.startribune.com had DJ mcnorton and Shaman *6th year* Washington and the others on front page throughout the morning.

Bohl making them be at Dome by 5 am to sandbag, most did 14-16 hour shifts... congrats and thanks to them.

Because of flooding, or because of lack of talent?
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
        Because of flooding, or because of lack of talent?
        Personally, I think it's illegal out-of-season coach-lead practice sessions! Somebody call the NCAA!!!!!!

/not really that tightly wound
        /good for NDSU to help out the community like that
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Pro day went off at B . S. A. instead. my bad.

went well,

Roehl was told to put on more bulk and become a FB/special teamer.

Comment

Pro day went off at B . S. A. instead. my bad.

went well,

Roehl was told to put on more bulk and become a FB/special teamer.
            Roehl put on more bulk...wow, where do you start. He is already a stud, IMO.

Comment

Absolutely correct on the congrats. that is not fun and is hard work even for conditioned athletes. I am sure that everyone in the Fargo area would say thank you directly if they could.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

My last "flood" post for you guys.

Two extremes

It was just a few days ago when Ben Woodside scored 37 points and North Dakota State gave Kansas all it wanted in the NCAA basketball tournament. It was quite a ride for Woodside, who scored the game winner in The Summit League tournament to get the Bison to the tournament.

Woodside's performance, although in a losing effort, was the talk of the tourney around the country last Friday.

On Tuesday, Woodside was sandbagging like thousands of others. He and a few teammates were working in Briarwood, a subdivision south of Fargo.

“It seems like two extremes,” Woodside said. “One, you feel like you’re on top of the world in the NCAA tournament and myself hitting the game-winner to get there. A week later, my whole team is helping save people’s houses and a number of families from disaster.”

Posted by: Jeff Kolpack on 3/24/2009 at 4:17 PM

Comment

That reminds me, on a smaller scale, of when UND won the NCAA hockey championship and was flooded out shortly after (1997).

BTW: It looks like the Frozen Four championship game is being played at Ford Field in 2010 and Tampa Bay in 2012.

The one location seems way too big and the other seems way too...... uhhhh south (for college hockey, that is).

Comment

And this is in smack, why? This is pretty inspirational and with the exception of some smacky-like comments, definitely NOT smack.
                    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                      And this is in smack, why? This is pretty inspirational and with the exception of some smacky-like comments, definitely NOT smack.
                      I continually wonder if we'd be better off without a smack section . . . maybe expand the scope of "The Lounge" section or something like that . . .
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                        I don't think people were smacking the flood or the fact that the football players were helping out, they were smacking the headline the Fargo Forum used which was something like "Football players are sandbagging"
                        Last edited by mango4; 03-26-2009, 04:54 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                          I continually wonder if we'd be better off without a smack section . . . maybe expand the scope of "The Lounge" section or something like that . . .
                          But, that would mean one of our favorite posters from Bisonland would have no reason to come over here.

On second thought......great idea Filbert.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            Your world, filbert, but wonder if getting rid of it would encourage more smack elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                              Your world, filbert, but wonder if getting rid of it would encourage more smack elsewhere.
                              Yeah, that.

Been sending a lot of thoughts to our friends in Fargo. Just hoping everything holds up. That's great that NDSU's athletes are stepping up.

SUPERBUNNY
                              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X