Trey Wingo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trey Wingo

The fumble-mouthed host of ESPN's women's basketball coverage is, apparently, utterly incapable of forming the words "South Dakota State University" more than three times in a row.

This is, it seems, a chronic problem for Mr. Wengo, as a quick Google Search will reveal.

One other article, from Royals Review (yes, the KC Royals) said in part:
    Bristol- According to confirmed sources close to the situation, ESPN's NFL Live host Trey Wingo is now using understatement almost universally, including in his private life. While critics have long questioned the network's policies on understatement, it is believed that Wingo's case is the first to manifest itself in so public a way.
    According to most estimates, the last on-air statement Wingo made that was not an understatement occurred during a October 16 show, when he told Merrill Hoge that "special teams are always criminally overlooked".
    "Trey's not Trey right now," said a source inside ESPN, "and it's hurting those around him"
    "He's also increasingly unable to do things like order food, because he'll only refer to being able to 'eat a bite or two' or request vague and small amonts of food from a waiter or clerk, when he's actually very hungry."
    During the NFL Live show which aired on November 6, every single declarative statement by Wingo was a form of praise highlighted by an ironic muting of his tone and choice of adjectives.
    There are other articles, including attention from none other than the Onion. (Possible content warning there for the easily offendable.)

In another thread, in celebration of the much beloved blooper-prone ESPN host, the denizens of SDSUFans.com have come up with the following list of alternate names for Mr. Wingo (so far):
    Tripp Wingo
    Trey Wonko
    Trick Wingo
    Trigg (no last name)
    Tim Bingo
    Chum Wingnut
    Chump Wanger
    Chum Wingnuts (sic plural)
    Troy Banjo
    Tripp Baylor
    Truck (no last name)
    Trick Wengo
    Hal Chapman Wingo III
    Tush Bingo
    Ray Bingo

Play on, Jackrabbit Nation, Play On!
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Trey Wingo

Additional research suggests Twice Wingnuts was told by his dentist on Friday to gargle daily for a mouth condition. He thought the instructions said "garble".

Comment

Play Fungo?

Try Bingo?

Say Dingo?

El Kabong?

Comment

Toy Bongo?

Comment

There is a place called TREA Bingo in Rapid City. I sure hope this guy isn't the caller there or you'll be looking under "B" for number 65 and under "0" for 138.

http://www.treachap1.us/bingo.htm
          Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

ESPN TV programming feedback can be submitted to ESPN TV Customer Service at the following link http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?page=contact/espntv

You may also contact them at (860) 766-2236 by leaving a message any time of day or speaking to them directly from Monday - Friday, 12:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. EST.

Regards,

Jack
            ESPN.com Customer Care

Comment

Yert Ogniw!

Comment

Shouldn't that be

Ogni Iwyert

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Oh, good God. He's not going to get any better. I just learned that Trick Dingbat is a BAYLOR grad. Or at least he went to Baylor. Holy crap, that explains his struggles with English, I guess. Just another reason to win Tuesday night.

Go, Jacks!
                  Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

I suspect Trim Windshield has received some e-mails from Jackrabbit fans. I hope he isn't inundated. We don't want him to think badly of the Jackrabbits!

Go Jacks! Pound on Baylor!

Comment

What about Wango Tango?

Comment

TV said that some e-mails have been sent back and forth with ESPN about Yert.

I don't know what I'd think if he's stumbled across this thread......

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                          What about Wango Tango?

Or maybe Oingo Boingo.

Comment

The Trey Wingo Thing-a-ma-jingo
                            @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                            --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Troy Bajingo (Scrubs fans will get it.)

OK. This video will explain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGol5n1YT4w
                              Last edited by JimmyJack; 03-24-2009, 09:14 AM.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                              X