Call for an Argus apology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call for an Argus apology

Thought this was interesting, especially coming from a USD fan.

Made me smile a little bit.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...23/-1/voices09

Re: Call for an Argus apology

It'd probably be in good taste.

My favorite part was the first comment, however: "As if Jacks fans actually care what Stu Whitney writes"

The 30+ page thread in the Smack sections begs to differ.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

The last line is great. SDSU has sent Soccer, Volleyball, and Womens Basketball to the National Tournaments while NDSU has sent Mens Basketball and Volleyball. I guess we really don't need the validation, but it is rather nice to see a letter like that. I don't want to sound bitter, as I am not, but it was nice.
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
        It'd probably be in good taste.

My favorite part was the first comment, however: "As if Jacks fans actually care what Stu Whitney writes"

The 30+ page thread in the Smack sections begs to differ.
        As an observer you might be pretty good, as a participator you are about as lame as it gets. Take the hint.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          As an observer you might be pretty good, as a participator you are about as lame as it gets. Take the hint.

Lol, as if I give two ****s about what you think of me. Haha good one.

Oh no! A middle aged doctor called me lame on a message board!

Comment

Lol, as if I give two ****s about what you think of me. Haha good one.

Oh no! A middle aged doctor called me lame on a message board!
            Gottcha! Just trying to have a little fun with you.

Far from middle aged by the way. I'd be happy to square off with you on the court, on the field, or in the field (you pick the game and the weapon). Just let me know where and when.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              Gottcha! Just trying to have a little fun with you.

Far from middle aged by the way. I'd be happy to square off with you on the court, on the field, or in the field (you pick the game and the weapon). Just let me know where and when.
              I'm always up for some ball.

Of course swimming is/was my thing. But I'd actually want it to be fair, so I'd give you a head start.

Comment

Of course swimming is/was my thing. But I'd actually want it to be fair, so I'd give you a head start.
                I am getting close to middle age and I don't doubt you'd kill me even if you gave me a head start. I'd still jump in the pool and shake your hand afterward, win or lose.

Stu does know how to get a rise out of people, that's not all bad.

Comment

I've met the good Doc. He don't need a head start.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                    I've met the good Doc. He don't need a head start.
                    Looks can be deceiving. I'd give it my best try though. Sorry for the thread drift guys. What about Wake Forest? Damn.

Comment

I found it very convenient the front pages of the Argus were black and white the day after the Summit League title. Then today the page with the breakdown of today's game had a big crease going down the middle making it hard to read the capsule for the game. Coincidence...I think not.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                        I found it very convenient the front pages of the Argus were black and white the day after the Summit League title. Then today the page with the breakdown of today's game had a big crease going down the middle making it hard to read the capsule for the game. Coincidence...I think not.
                        Wow. Someone's reading WAAAAAAAY too into things. Good lord.

Comment

Wow. Someone's reading WAAAAAAAY too into things. Good lord.
                          I agree RO. I asked my newspaper provider about the black and white and she said the color printer at the AL broke down.

Comment

Actually I organized the black & white issue. You see, my daughter's picture was on the inside page. She is so damn cute I wanted her picture to be the only one in color. The only problem in my plan of breaking one of the presses was that the paper was in such limited supply it took my whole lunch to find one to buy!

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

The Argus republished the front page in the Sunday edition in color.

Comment

Working...
                              X