Bid Process for the Summit League Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bid Process for the Summit League Tournament

since everybody is speculating who may bid and what are the critera and so and so I decided to devote a threat to it... Since I don't know much I'm not going to say a lot but this is what I understand.
    1. all biders have to be approved by the Summit League officials...

Is it a blind bid or are the top 2 biders allowed to make another bid, or how does that work..

who all bid for it the last time around and what was the $ figure (if known) that Sioux Falls bid for the tournament.

Also are television rights included with the bid or does the conference still hold that?

Which cities can we confirm having interest for the next upcoming bid...
    I'll start
    Sioux Falls, Peoria IL, Moline IL (Quad Cities)

Re: Bid Process for the Summit League Tournament

I am to interested in the bidding process. It would be interesting to know if Brookings and the Swiftel Center meet the requirements to bid.
    We...ARE...STATE!
    SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks View Post
      I am to interested in the bidding process. It would be interesting to know if Brookings and the Swiftel Center meet the requirements to bid.
      The Swiftel Center? Not going to happen. Nowhere near enough:

Seats

Quality hotel rooms

Prefunction space

Team accommodations

Concession areas

and so on....

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
        The Swiftel Center? Not going to happen. Nowhere near enough:

Seats

Quality hotel rooms

Prefunction space

Team accommodations

Concession areas

and so on....
        Exactly, Brookings is a long ways off for hosting anything like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          Exactly, Brookings is a long ways off for hosting anything like this.
          . . . about 30,000 residents away, I'd guess . . .

(oh, yeah, and a 6,000 seat basketball facility that isn't Frost Arena . . . )
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            . . . about 30,000 residents away, I'd guess . . .

(oh, yeah, and a 6,000 seat basketball facility that isn't Frost Arena . . . )
            When you consider all the controversy surrounding the building of the Swiftel Center, another basketball facility is very much a pipe dream. I do agree, Brookings needs more people, and new leaders who are not tied to the past. Nothing wrong with the past, but I remember when Brookings topped 7000 in population and 3500 in student enrollment. It was a much different community then.

Some of this small town thinking will be an road block even in Sioux Falls when a new facility is brought to the public for consideration.

Comment

Some of this small town thinking will be an road block even in Sioux Falls when a new facility is brought to the public for consideration.
              Already has. I think the success of the Summit tourney is going to help w/ getting the new facility done...and SDSU is to thank for alot of that. That's why I say SDSU needs to schedule a men's-women's doubleheader over the Holiday's in SF, if for nothing else to give people who won't or can't drive to Brookings a chance to see the Jacks and chance to get the SF area of 200,000+ "Jacked" up. I would say bring in a big named opponent like Creighton, UNI, etc but I want the game to be a winnable game for SDSU.

I would like the Skyforce faithful to come out and take in a SDSU game. I know for the Summit tourney I took a Skyforce fan and a guy who goes to Iowa games and they both left very impressed w/ the atmosphere, competetion, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
                Already has. I think the success of the Summit tourney is going to help w/ getting the new facility done...and SDSU is to thank for alot of that. That's why I say SDSU needs to schedule a men's-women's doubleheader over the Holiday's in SF, if for nothing else to give people who won't or can't drive to Brookings a chance to see the Jacks and chance to get the SF area of 200,000+ "Jacked" up. I would say bring in a big named opponent like Creighton, UNI, etc but I want the game to be a winnable game for SDSU.

I would like the Skyforce faithful to come out and take in a SDSU game. I know for the Summit tourney I took a Skyforce fan and a guy who goes to Iowa games and they both left very impressed w/ the atmosphere, competetion, etc.
                In general I don't like playing home games off of campus but I think if there was a time to do it, do it over Holiday break, make it a double header....

Comment

In general I don't like playing home games off of campus but I think if there was a time to do it, do it over Holiday break, make it a double header....
                  I think when you're 45 minutes from a huge fan base and your biggest alum base you have to cater a little. Promote the heck out of it, name it the Burger King Holiday Classic. Hell, play Augie!

Comment

Working...
                  X